Keyword

Extra Fields revamp needed

• Nick
  • Nick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
15 years 1 month ago #71472 by Nick
Extra Fields revamp needed was created by Nick
The extra fields REALLY lacks functionality. Why in GODS name do i HAVE to have the fields in a group? That's just useless.. It's kinda hypocritical since you made the nested categories to get rid of joomla's restriction of sections and categories. Now you are making me to put the extra fields in a group... oh well... I would like to see it without.

Another thing is that the extra fields should actually be this way (hard to put it into words)

Basically when i have let's say a file which is linked to a mirror (megaupload) i want to be able to add a link with the link extra field. What if i want to have 7 links for 1 item and 5 links for another... Not thought through! Extra fields should work like this:

When i'm in the extra fields part for the item, i would click "Add extra field" and i can add an extra field easily and as many as i want. The way it works now is just (sorry) RETARDED. Seriously not thought through. Please work on this.

Also, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE (i can't stress this enough) give me at LEAST a goddamn hint on HOW to hide the freakin' empty fields! if i add the code if value== ' ' only the text box field hides. Not the others. This is also a MUST feature. And this is an easy fix so PLEASE make this happen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nick
  • Elite Member
More
15 years 1 month ago #71473 by Nick
Replied by Nick on topic Extra Fields revamp needed
JoomlaWorks? Where's u at?! Hellooo? Reply's very much appreciated at support forums you know :)

More
15 years 1 month ago #71474 by Albert
Replied by Albert on topic Extra Fields revamp needed
I'll take a crack at it since nobody is responding. (I'm no programmer"

"What if i want to have 7 links for 1 item and 5 links for another"

I like groups. Jreviews also uses cck groups and works well. Even Drupal, another top cms, uses cck groups. It a way to organize various fields together. If you have 7 links create seven fields and group it calling it "7links", and group 5 links and call it "5links".

"When i'm in the extra fields part for the item, i would click "Add extra field" and i can add an extra field easily and as many as i want. The way it works now is just (sorry) RETARDED. Seriously not thought through. Please work on this."

I'm not a programmer so take this even lighter. I'm not sure what you mean here. It says "Add extra field" not fields, so I don't think it is suppose to add several at one time. I'm not sure if it's possible either since 1 field = 1 field in the database. I don't think adding 7 fields into 1 field would work, hence the grouping.

• Nick
  • Elite Member
More
15 years 1 month ago #71475 by Nick
then i would have to assign every category a specific group... I want to do that with specific items. Further more... The add extra field button would simply create an extra field for me. that's it. It won't be stored in a group or somthing. It just adds a field to the item itself. That's it. I can't be more simple than that.

iLLeT said:I'll take a crack at it since nobody is responding. (I'm no programmer"
"What if i want to have 7 links for 1 item and 5 links for another"

I like groups. Jreviews also uses cck groups and works well. Even Drupal, another top cms, uses cck groups. It a way to organize various fields together. If you have 7 links create seven fields and group it calling it "7links", and group 5 links and call it "5links".

"When i'm in the extra fields part for the item, i would click "Add extra field" and i can add an extra field easily and as many as i want. The way it works now is just (sorry) RETARDED. Seriously not thought through. Please work on this."

I'm not a programmer so take this even lighter. I'm not sure what you mean here. It says "Add extra field" not fields, so I don't think it is suppose to add several at one time. I'm not sure if it's possible either since 1 field = 1 field in the database. I don't think adding 7 fields into 1 field would work, hence the grouping.

More
15 years 1 month ago #71476 by Manny Santos
Replied by Manny Santos on topic Extra Fields revamp needed
Very demanding aren't we?

• Nick
  • Elite Member
More
15 years 1 month ago #71477 by Nick
This is a feature request first of all... and second of all basically all i'm asking for is to HIDE EMPTY FIELDS! That's all.

Manukat said:Very demanding aren't we?

• Nick
  • Elite Member
More
15 years 2 weeks ago #71478 by Nick
bumper

More
15 years 1 week ago #71479 by Shivonne Mohammed
Replied by Shivonne Mohammed on topic Extra Fields revamp needed
Yeah, gotta agree that the original post was pretty insulting in tone. This is an excellent *free* product, folks. A little gratitude and respect and politeness would presumably go a long way towards getting attention paid to feature requests. Might work better than calling the developers retarded and swearing at them.

• Nick
  • Elite Member
More
15 years 1 week ago #71480 by Nick
the reason why it was insulting is because there was no one replying to ANY (not only mine) posts in this forum. If you have a forum for SUPPORT... there should be "support". Later on they told us that they were on vacation... if i had known that, it would have looked much different.

Chris C. said:Yeah, gotta agree that the original post was pretty insulting in tone. This is an excellent *free* product, folks. A little gratitude and respect and politeness would presumably go a long way towards getting attention paid to feature requests. Might work better than calling the developers retarded and swearing at them.

More
13 years 8 months ago #71481 by Wilberto Crespo
Replied by Wilberto Crespo on topic Extra Fields revamp needed
hi! could you resolve this problem. I have the same issue.