Keyword

k2 Breaks Adsense in IE7

• James McCarthy
  • James McCarthy's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #71862 by James McCarthy
k2 Breaks Adsense in IE7 was created by James McCarthy
In my Adsense module in IE7, I get "The webpage cannot be found" in the frame. It works fine on Firefox. I found an old thread on Google forum where a guy didn't close his comments properly. It suggested adding --> to the end of a comment to solve this problem. When I looked at source for my site, I found this code which may be the problem:

Is it safe to close out these comments in K2? I'm not familiar enough with the component yet. Does K2 use comments as triggers of some sort?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #71863 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic k2 Breaks Adsense in IE7
Hi. These are expressions K2 uses to determine the version of Internet Explorer and load the corresponding CSS file. I don't think this is causing the problem because K2 comments are properly closed. However, if you find any comments that are not closed properly you can close them and post the line you found the problem so we can fix it for the next version.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• James McCarthy
  • James McCarthy's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #71864 by James McCarthy
Replied by James McCarthy on topic k2 Breaks Adsense in IE7
My apologies Lefteris. The problem was not K2 at all, it was editor component. It was stripping some elements out of the Adsense script.

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. These are expressions K2 uses to determine the version of Internet Explorer and load the corresponding CSS file. I don't think this is causing the problem because K2 comments are properly closed. However, if you find any comments that are not closed properly you can close them and post the line you found the problem so we can fix it for the next version.

More
13 years 8 months ago #71865 by Neha Goyal
Replied by Neha Goyal on topic k2 Breaks Adsense in IE7
<p>I have installed K2 on my site, and my site is not working in
IE7. It is giving an error "Internet Explorer can not open this
site. Operation aborted." Please help me to fix this issue and make
the site working in IE7.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks</p>
<p>Neha</p>">
Hello,

I have installed K2 on my site, and my site is not working in IE7. It is giving an error "Internet Explorer can not open this site. Operation
aborted." Please help me to fix this issue and make the site working in
IE7.

Thanks

Neha