Keyword

Getting rid of the title 'children categories'

• Lynn Heighton
  • Lynn Heighton's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #71889 by Lynn Heighton
Getting rid of the title 'children categories' was created by Lynn Heighton
Hi again,

How do I get rid of the title 'children categories' when displaying categories with child categories?
I've attached a screenshot with a black oval around the problem. Thanks in advance, Andrea
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #71890 by Manny Santos
Replied by Manny Santos on topic Getting rid of the title 'children categories'
2 options.
1. rename child category to something else by going to the joomla language folder and editing "en-GB.com_k2.ini"
around line 80, you will see "CHILDREN CATEGORIES=Children categories" replace text after = to whatever you want.

2. remove all together: you need to edit category.php, either from the component folder/com_k2/templates/default
or if your template is overriding it, you need to find this file in your template folder.
Go to around line 78 and remove the text from the start to the end of the H3 tags - h3 tags have been modified for display purposes since you can put code in here.
" see attached screenshots
Attachments:

• Lynn Heighton
  • Lynn Heighton's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 3 weeks ago #71891 by Lynn Heighton
Replied by Lynn Heighton on topic Getting rid of the title 'children categories'
Wow...thanks for the fast reply....I've used option 2 to remove the title altogether and it looks great :)

Manukat said:2 options. 1. rename child category to something else by going to the joomla language folder and editing "en-GB.com_k2.ini"
around line 80, you will see "CHILDREN CATEGORIES=Children categories" replace text after = to whatever you want.

2. remove all together: you need to edit category.php, either from the component folder/com_k2/templates/default
or if your template is overriding it, you need to find this file in your template folder.
Go to around line 78 and remove the text from the start to the end of the H3 tags - h3 tags have been modified for display purposes since you can put code in here.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #71892 by Manny Santos
Replied by Manny Santos on topic Getting rid of the title 'children categories'
Just trying to to my part as a user to help others. We received a great component from the folks at Joomlaworks for "FREE" and need to our best to help each other.

Andrea Stephenson said:Wow...thanks for the fast reply....I've used option 2 to remove the title altogether and it looks great :)
Manukat said:2 options. 1. rename child category to something else by going to the joomla language folder and editing "en-GB.com_k2.ini" around line 80, you will see "CHILDREN CATEGORIES=Children categories" replace text after = to whatever you want.

More
15 years 3 weeks ago #71893 by piperchick
Replied by piperchick on topic Getting rid of the title 'children categories'
Thanks for tip.

I too chose option #2.

More
14 years 1 month ago #71894 by jack sudan
Replied by jack sudan on topic Getting rid of the title 'children categories'
Thank you for the tip Manukat, I too had the same problem...
I chose option #2 as well :)

More
14 years 1 week ago #71895 by ray salyer
Replied by ray salyer on topic Getting rid of the title 'children categories'
Thanks As well, I was trying to figure that out too. Awesome, my site is coming together very nicely now!!

Ray Salyer
Gottch-Ya! Graphix, USA

More
13 years 7 months ago #71896 by Jason Brown
Replied by Jason Brown on topic Getting rid of the title 'children categories'
Hi is there anyway to change it so that it shows the title of the of the parent category?

Manukat said:
2 options. 1. rename child category to something else by going to the joomla language folder and editing "en-GB.com_k2.ini"

More
13 years 4 months ago #71897 by yaani
Tim,

If you go to the K2 admin, select the parent category, select the "Category view options" tab, click on Show radio button next to "Title" parameter.

tim said:

Hi is there anyway to change it so that it shows the title of the of the parent category?
Manukat said:
2 options. 1. rename child category to something else by going to the joomla language folder and editing "en-GB.com_k2.ini" around line 80, you will see "CHILDREN CATEGORIES=Children categories" replace text after = to whatever you want.

More
13 years 4 months ago #71898 by yaani
Option 2 worked for me also. I like it better without the text "Child categories" Thanks!