Keyword

Extra Fields - Date

More
14 years 2 months ago #71921 by Pat Clark
Replied by Pat Clark on topic Extra Fields - Date
I'm guessing that merely a date would be a good first step. Anything more, and we'll never see it! :)

Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:Roll Up, Roll Up, buy your tickets here ;)
OK, form an orderly queue.
What specifics do you have?
Would it be better with a plugin that links to a calendar popup selection?

Lets see what we can do.

Simon
K2 Support.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #71922 by Steve Tustin
Replied by Steve Tustin on topic Extra Fields - Date
Check out the JED extensions.joomla.org

There is a K2 Fields plugin that has Data fields extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/k2-extensions/11779

• Mauricio González
More
14 years 1 month ago #71923 by Mauricio González
Replied by Mauricio González on topic Extra Fields - Date
Hey people, I'd also like the Date-Type Extra Field.

Plain simple, just a date field. I think for all the fancy calendar options you can use a sidekick component. :D

More
13 years 6 months ago #71924 by Michael Tull
Replied by Michael Tull on topic Extra Fields - Date
Hi Everyone, while I am here.. Yes, I date field would be fantastic. 

I was using FlexiContent till security flaws bit me, and I came over the K2s way.. and frankly like K2 a lot more.. the lack of templating 'in' the component for me is actually a plus but the one thing I REALLY miss is a date field.  I build sites for organisations that have events, and a couple of bands, and I feel like I am no able to create equivelent content output as with other CCKs

I have seen the date picker around with an extension ( I think it was K2 Fields ) so I dont think that was too hard ( forgive me I am not a programmer : ) ... but the ability to use the date would need to be intedrated into other areas k2_content etc. so I understand its not a quick fix.

The other thing that would have to be available ( and some templating set up for it ) would be the date format.  This WAS stul difficult in Flexicontent and I had to learn some PHP to get things my way in Australia but thats fine.. if it's there, people will learn and help.

Cheers