Keyword

Frontend Editing | Edit Form | Hide Tabs per Category/Type

• rexkramer
  • rexkramer's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 2 weeks ago #71945 by rexkramer
First of all – great component!

As far as i can see, the tabs (images, gallery, video) on the submission-form can be hidden. Nice options, but it is only available in the global preferences.

When you setup different "types" of contentcategories... thats what K2 is made for... you might have different complex submission tasks. For Example: You might need a clean and simple submit form for a video only contenttype. You should better hide all other unnecesarry tabs. This would reduce many errors, confusion and unwanted content on submissions!

So, is it possible to have all the HIDE TABS frontend-editing parameters for each category? Please!!! !!!

TIA!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 week ago #71946 by Magnus Ahlström
Replied by Magnus Ahlström on topic Frontend Editing | Edit Form | Hide Tabs per Category/Type
I Second this.

We have alot of authors and different types of categories.
It would be great to have this feature. Otherwise I need to build it myself.

More
15 years 1 week ago #71947 by FeSys
Me too..
I Second this...
More,,, I want to know if image gallery can be imply by folder(s) not as zip/rar files.

• rexkramer
  • rexkramer's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 11 months ago #71948 by rexkramer
JoomlaWorks seems to have another opinion about this issue... or i simply did´t understand the comment ;-)
k2community.joomlaworks.gr/profiles/blog/show?id=3536014%3ABlogPost%3A10483&page=2#comments

i see, this is not the right place for support and feature requests... maybe we should start a topic in the forum!?!

More
14 years 3 months ago #71949 by sigpro_firsttry
Agree with Rex´s opinion!

The frontend submission editor is not userfriendly for non-geeks.
Any ideas for alternatives to the standard editor?

No-editor would be fine. Just simple fields...

• Christian Matthieas
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 11 months ago #71950 by Christian Matthieas
Replied by Christian Matthieas on topic Frontend Editing | Edit Form | Hide Tabs per Category/Type
I second this.

In fact I would like to take the "upload" option off and have the ability to curb it per upload size...

AND PLEASE FOR GOD SAKES... what in the world is the browse server an option for. In no way shape or form can I imagine needing to go to my server to choose a video if I am an average site user. i don't want them seeing my directory tree >.<</body>