Keyword

Blank categories page

• Glen Chancy
  • Glen Chancy's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 2 weeks ago #72122 by Glen Chancy
Blank categories page was created by Glen Chancy
Hello -

In my menu link, I selected 2 categories which are both top-level. Both have published items. When I went to the frontend, the page is blank.
If I specify only one category, then I get a good display.
If I make one category the child of the other, then both display.
But, if the two categories are both top, then I get a blank page.

Is what I am trying to do allowed in the software? If so,and suggestions as to what I am doing wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Glen Chancy
More
15 years 2 weeks ago #72123 by Glen Chancy
Replied by Glen Chancy on topic Blank categories page
Okay -

Tried on three different servers. Selecting multiple unrelated categories in the latest release gets you a blank page. I can work around this by having a master category, and linking to it. What I am attempting to do is have a page that lists all the latest blogs from all the categories. Not too tough, but for some reason it is rendering a blank page on Joomla 1.5.14

The 1.0.3 Beta version works like a charm. I wish I hadn't upgraded now! Though I am sure there are thinks about v2.0 that are improvements. So far I lost the default homepage, and the category page layout is not working, so my enthusiasm for the latest release is somewhat tempered.

More
15 years 2 weeks ago #72124 by rootlock
Replied by rootlock on topic Blank categories page
I have no idea what is wrong, but I'm having the same problem.
I'm using rockettheme and when i switch to a standard theme, it works.
Any help or updates are appreciated,

Thanks
Brad

• Glen Chancy
More
15 years 2 weeks ago #72125 by Glen Chancy
Replied by Glen Chancy on topic Blank categories page
Ahh... So there is a problem with Rockettheme. I am using Rockettheme templates on all the sites having the issue. Well that narrows it down. There is a problem with v2.0 and Rockettheme templates when doing a multi-category page.

Question is now - what is causing it? I have now had the problem on three diff older Rockettheme templates.

rootlock said:I have no idea what is wrong, but I'm having the same problem. I'm using rockettheme and when i switch to a standard theme, it works.
Any help or updates are appreciated,

Thanks
Brad

More
14 years 7 months ago #72126 by Janos EOS
Replied by Janos EOS on topic Blank categories page
Hello,

Sorry for my bad English, I have a same problem with same Rockettheme. It is not clear what causes this problem. What did I do with my site having blank page and what do I have to do if I would like you correct it? Is the problem in the menu? Do I have to delete something there? What does it mean. "I selected 2 categories which are both top-level" I understand all the words, but its meaning not clean for me... Please help me what do I need to delete or change in the menu. Thank you very much.