Keyword

[SOLVED] I have a strange bug. Joomla gives me the typical failure 404 - Article not found!.

• Pino Carlucci
  • Pino Carlucci's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 1 month ago #72130 by Pino Carlucci
I have a strange bug. Using the K2 some time and I can say I'm not a rookie. Now, I've created a category and an article. So far it works. But to generate another article Joomla gives me the typical failure 404 - Article not found!. It only works with the first article.
I have generated K2 on other websites successfully. In this new website I can not go beyond the first article. I can not provide a link because I have not uploaded the template to the server.
I think it has to do with the database. Something has crashed.
The K2 has still some bugs that could interfere with the smooth running of the component.
Has anyone had the same fault?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Pino Carlucci
More
15 years 1 month ago #72131 by Pino Carlucci
I wanted to rebuild the ruling and I have noted the following:
After you have uninstalled all components and modles
was no sign of K2 in the database.

Then:
1 .- Delete the database
2 .- New template instalacción yootheme Flux
3 .- Instalacción K2

All O.K.
Consequences: K2 leaves traces in the database that prevents the proper functioning.
If I'm wrong, please write it down.

More
15 years 1 month ago #72132 by Lefteris
Hi. You are wrong K2 leaves nothing in the database when you uninstall it.

Pino Carlucci said:I wanted to rebuild the ruling and I have noted the following: After you have uninstalled all components and modles
was no sign of K2 in the database.

Then:
1 .- Delete the database
3 .- Instalacción K2

All O.K.
Consequences: K2 leaves traces in the database that prevents the proper functioning.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Pino Carlucci
More
15 years 1 month ago #72133 by Pino Carlucci
Hi,
Then maybe I have seen ghosts.
The decision that I explain in the first post to that is?

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. You are wrong K2 leaves nothing in the database when you uninstall it.
Pino Carlucci said:I wanted to rebuild the ruling and I have noted the following: After you have uninstalled all components and modles was no sign of K2 in the database.

Then:
1 .- Delete the database
3 .- Instalacción K2

All O.K.

More
15 years 6 days ago #72134 by DrDigital
I have same issue with 404's and ive uninstalled, reinstalled total deletion of first site that was 3 days old as of today. Deleted it all, deleted database started totally fresh. Installed Joomla 1.5.14, installed my template installed k2 and same issues happen. I make my first category 'FAQ' its defaulted to be published as this is 2.1. I link a menu item to that category i click the menu item i see the big folder. I add an item to that category and BAMB 404, I try making a menu to the item itself, 404. I delete item and category works.

If i dont have this resolved tomorrow, Im going back to the core

More
15 years 6 days ago #72135 by DrDigital
Pino Carlucci, do you have Superblogger installed/enabled? I disabled it and everything works...

More
15 years 2 days ago #72136 by Jason Clow
It worked for me as well. I started out of no where getting random 404 messages.

Matthew Murphy said:Pino Carlucci, do you have Superblogger installed/enabled? I disabled it and everything works...

More
14 years 11 months ago #72137 by DrDigital
Turn off commenting in superblogger and I bet your issue goes away

More
14 years 11 months ago #72138 by BBC
I had problems with only one K2 article "not found". K2 is latest build.

Article was perfectly ok but Joomla could not get it. Then I notice that i may not have "dot" in combination with other numbers and zeroes in K2 article title.

In my case problem was "25.000",that dot in the middle. I have other titles with dots but not in combination with numbers and it is working perfectly.

If you have dots in title try to remove them and see if it is working. Don´t forget to remove them in aliases too.

It has something to do with how database handle titles, cannot explain it.

More
14 years 11 months ago #72139 by Lefteris
Hi. The dot is being removed from the alias by K2 so you should not have any problem with titles including dots.

BBC said:I had problems with only one K2 article "not found". K2 is latest build.
Article was perfectly ok but Joomla could not get it. Then I notice that i may not have "dot" in combination with other numbers and zeroes in K2 article title.

In my case problem was "25.000",that dot in the middle. I have other titles with dots but not in combination with numbers and it is working perfectly.

If you have dots in title try to remove them and see if it is working. Don´t forget to remove them in aliases too.

It has something to do with how database handle titles, cannot explain it.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)