Keyword

Enable frontend editing (disabled always if Joom!Fish is installed and enabled)

More
14 years 8 months ago #72291 by Matthias Jäger
hi,

thanks a lot.
I will check if the features of k2 v2.0 are enough for me.

regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #72292 by Anar Guliev
guys,
frontend editing/saving worked in my k2 2.1 on joomla with joomfish
just after removing k2-items contentelement from joomfish
(i also edited slightly permissions.php in K2 - there seems to be a bug with permissions setting/checking)

More
14 years 8 months ago #72293 by dirk80
But are you still able to translate it in the backend then??

Anar Guliev said:guys, frontend editing/saving worked in my k2 2.1 on joomla with joomfish
just after removing k2-items contentelement from joomfish
(i also edited slightly permissions.php in K2 - there seems to be a bug with permissions setting/checking)

More
14 years 8 months ago #72294 by Anar Guliev
no, Dirk, it is impossible - only tags/categories can be translated then
but in my site i needed user's to post and edit their blogs more, than possibility of translating blog-publications

Dirk said:But are you still able to translate it in the backend then??
Anar Guliev said:guys, frontend editing/saving worked in my k2 2.1 on joomla with joomfish just after removing k2-items contentelement from joomfish

More
14 years 7 months ago #72295 by Iron Teeth
I must say that I got really frustrated today after I found out about this flaw in K2. I have already set up all categories and also, everywhere I looked it was announced that K2 works with Joomfish only to find out that it's not really so. Where to turn now when I have already planned everything and forntend editing is the key factor of the website I'm working on same as Joomfish. It's catch 22 now. Please be so kind and get the frontend editing back. I have read that it could be enabled for the default language. Well, it would be quite enough. Frontend editing only in default language is better than no frontend editing at all !
Please help.

More
14 years 7 months ago #72296 by strummsteel
Any updte on this? K2 is the best out there, but the same can be said for Joomfish. I really hope there is a fix.

More
14 years 7 months ago #72297 by Iron Teeth
If this and automatic archiving of K2 items is solved then I would call K2 a perfect solution for any kind of site. Until then, be careful to check everything before you use it or you will end up in a dead end street like me. Still, I must give a big credit to K2 developers... please guys, fix this asap.

• Giuseppe Cassanelli
More
14 years 6 months ago #72298 by Giuseppe Cassanelli
Hi, I also downloaded yesterday K2 and tried on a test site.... BEST IDEA: only trying I understand that K2 don't work with joomfish on frontend and I am testing K2 just for editing on frontend on a multilingual (2) site !
So this is the problem: I need to enable users like editors/authors to edit/publish on a multilingual site and only on selected sections/categories... K2 seemed the best. But without joomfish it's not working.
Any idea to solve this problem with K2 or any other tool ????
Thanks a lot
Bye
Giuseppe

More
14 years 6 months ago #72299 by Iron Teeth
Nobody seems to care about this... I'm disappointed :-(

More
14 years 6 months ago #72300 by Lefteris
Hi. Compatibility between K2 front-end editing and JoomFish! has already been added for the next release.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)