Keyword

Missing Links for Breadcrumbs with K2

• Walter Howard
  • Walter Howard's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 1 week ago #72483 by Walter Howard
Missing Links for Breadcrumbs with K2 was created by Walter Howard
I enabled breadcrumbs for K2, and when I view an item, the subcategory's breadcrumb link is missing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 week ago #72484 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Missing Links for Breadcrumbs with K2
Hi. What version of K2 are you using?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
15 years 5 days ago #72485 by Daniel Sarno
Replied by Daniel Sarno on topic Missing Links for Breadcrumbs with K2
I am noticing my bread crumbs are missing too. When I click on a category I have:
home>>topcatagory1>>topcatagory1
The category is repeated

When I clcik on a sub catagory I get:
Home>>Subcatagory1
The top category is missing

When i click on an article i get:
Home
All else is missing

I am using KS v2.1.

Any Ideas?

More
15 years 4 days ago #72486 by Daniel Sarno
Replied by Daniel Sarno on topic Missing Links for Breadcrumbs with K2
I found the solution. When using K2 you can't use the Joomla core breadcrumbs. You have to use the K2 tools module and change the module to breadcrumbs mode. It then works as breadcrumbs should work. Hmm this means the entire web site must be in K2.

Daniel Sarno said:I am noticing my bread crumbs are missing too. When I click on a category I have: home>>topcatagory1>>topcatagory1 The category is repeated

Home>>Subcatagory1

Home
All else is missing

I am using KS v2.1.

Any Ideas?

• Walter Howard
  • Walter Howard's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 4 days ago #72487 by Walter Howard
Replied by Walter Howard on topic Missing Links for Breadcrumbs with K2
Exactly! Me too. I've tried to find a fix, but cannot seem to find how the breadcrumbs are determined by Joomla from K2.

Walt.

Daniel Sarno said:I found the solution. When using K2 you can't use the Joomla core breadcrumbs. You have to use the K2 tools module and change the module to breadcrumbs mode. It then works as breadcrumbs should work. Hmm this means the entire web site must be in K2.
Daniel Sarno said:I am noticing my bread crumbs are missing too. When I click on a category I have: home>>topcatagory1>>topcatagory1 The category is repeated
Home>>Subcatagory1

Home
All else is missing

I am using KS v2.1.

Any Ideas?

More
14 years 10 months ago #72488 by Matt Payne
Replied by Matt Payne on topic Missing Links for Breadcrumbs with K2
Actually you can assign which menu items each breadcrumb module works on, so you can have it so that the K2 tools breadcrumb only applies to the K2 articles, and then in the core Joomla breadcrumb module enable it for all menu items except for the k2 articles.

Walter Howard said:Exactly! Me too. I've tried to find a fix, but cannot seem to find how the breadcrumbs are determined by Joomla from K2.
Walt.

Daniel Sarno said:I found the solution. When using K2 you can't use the Joomla core breadcrumbs. You have to use the K2 tools module and change the module to breadcrumbs mode. It then works as breadcrumbs should work. Hmm this means the entire web site must be in K2. Daniel Sarno said:I am noticing my bread crumbs are missing too. When I click on a category I have: home>>topcatagory1>>topcatagory1 The category is repeated When I clcik on a sub catagory I get:
Home>>Subcatagory1

Home
All else is missing

I am using KS v2.1.

Any Ideas?

More
14 years 9 months ago #72489 by Jonah Kyle
Replied by Jonah Kyle on topic Missing Links for Breadcrumbs with K2
Situation:

1. I have both Joomla Core components (in Section/Category/Item formats) and K2 components (in Category 1/Category 2/Category 3/Item formats).

2. The core breadcrumb works fine, and the menu assignments are directed only to the core components. The K2 categories are not assigned.

3. Under the K-2 Tools module, the Module Functionality is set for "Breadcrumbs."

3. The menu assignments for the tools are under the Category 1 / Category 2 only (the K-2 menu assignements.) I do not have sub-menu assignments below the first level.

PROBLEM: Joomla breadcrumbs work perfectely. K-2 breadcrumbs do NOT show up at all.

What am I missing? I assume it's related with settings in the K-2 Tools setup, but I can't find anything.

Matt Payne said:Actually you can assign which menu items each breadcrumb module works on, so you can have it so that the K2 tools breadcrumb only applies to the K2 articles, and then in the core Joomla breadcrumb module enable it for all menu items except for the k2 articles.
Walter Howard said:Exactly! Me too. I've tried to find a fix, but cannot seem to find how the breadcrumbs are determined by Joomla from K2. Walt.

Daniel Sarno said:I found the solution. When using K2 you can't use the Joomla core breadcrumbs. You have to use the K2 tools module and change the module to breadcrumbs mode. It then works as breadcrumbs should work. Hmm this means the entire web site must be in K2. Daniel Sarno said:I am noticing my bread crumbs are missing too. When I click on a category I have: home>>topcatagory1>>topcatagory1 The category is repeated When I clcik on a sub catagory I get: Home>>Subcatagory1

Home
All else is missing

I am using KS v2.1.

Any Ideas?

More
14 years 9 months ago #72490 by tmaximus95
Replied by tmaximus95 on topic Missing Links for Breadcrumbs with K2
I use K2 now but am reluctant to continue. I think K2 is a fabulous component but because of some of its limitations, it's hard to integrate with Joomla with a "plug & play" simplicity. Granted, K2's b-tree category structure is far better than joomla's current structure, but it cannot be easily accessed by feedgator or article generator, which is an extremely important feature necessary for any news portal or social community. I also utilize chronoforms a great deal, and that too requires enormous modification to integrate with K2. BUT!!!, K2 is such a wonderful technology that come hell or high water, I'll find a way to make it work for me.

K2 should be modified to at least connect with Joomla's Breadcrumbs technology.

Walter

More
14 years 9 months ago #72491 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Missing Links for Breadcrumbs with K2
Hi. We have modified a little the component so it works better with Joomla's Breadcrumbs. This will be in the next release of K2. Thanks for reporting this issue to us.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 8 months ago #72492 by Matthieu Brunet
Replied by Matthieu Brunet on topic Missing Links for Breadcrumbs with K2
Hi there. As I said in another post, I can't make this work : when I restrict k2 tools/breadcrumb to a menu item, the breadcrumb only shows on the first page that the menu item leads to. But it disapears on the underneath categories/items. The only way I found to have the k2 breadcrumb on all k2 pages is to set it to show on the whole site. But by this way, I displays on the home page (which is unecessary), and I have duplicate category name on regular joomla content. Is this happening for everyone, or just me ?
(I suppose I could create a menu item for each k2 page, so i could select them all in the breadcrumb config. But I have more than a hundred categories, and many hundred's of items...)

Matt Payne said:Actually you can assign which menu items each breadcrumb module works on, so you can have it so that the K2 tools breadcrumb only applies to the K2 articles, and then in the core Joomla breadcrumb module enable it for all menu items except for the k2 articles.

Thanks for help