Keyword

www.militaryyearbookproject.com (Military Yearbook Project)

• Richard Morgan
  • Richard Morgan's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 1 week ago #72516 by Richard Morgan
My K2 powered site using K2 (V1) . Did a lot of tweaking to get it going. I am still using V1 as I'm waiting for the V1 to V2 integrator to be finished in Nov. Would appreciate any comments or criticism.

militaryyearbookproject.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #72517 by FidelGonzales
Outstanding site. Very clean and well thought out. I have bookmarked and would like to see some RSS functionality.

Was too young to serve at Fort Ord but have several Vietnam veteran friends who did and had an opportunity to stay there as a kid. Thanks for the great work.

• Richard Morgan
More
14 years 11 months ago #72518 by Richard Morgan
Thanks for the comments. K2 is what makes for a clean layout, IMO. Will definitely get the RSS going soon.

FidelGonzales said:Outstanding site. Very clean and well thought out. I have bookmarked and would like to see some RSS functionality.
Was too young to serve at Fort Ord but have several Vietnam veteran friends who did and had an opportunity to stay there as a kid. Thanks for the great work.

• Richard Morgan
More
14 years 8 months ago #72519 by Richard Morgan
Alright, finished upgrading to Version 2.2 SVN. I like the changes to the backend (especially the tags entering process. Makes it a lot easier not having to search through 1000+ tags in a list box. The collapsible sidebar helps me a lot since I use a laptop to administer my site. Fully integrated jcomments with K2 (and JomSocial, JoomGallery, Myblog) ---One commenting system now! IMO the developers have done a great job with V2.2, however, I still can't get tags to work properly. They lead to a 404 when clicked on. Also tweaked a lot of css, took out "Child Categories" - ???, took out "View Items" in category view (redundant- image or title is clickable. Moved 1 px dotted line to very end of article after "Read More..", etc.

All in all a definite improvement. Congrats to the developers.

More
14 years 8 months ago #72520 by FeSys
What a beautiful site "Richard Morgan"
Congratulations.. I do really like it..
Thanks for sharing.

More
14 years 6 months ago #72521 by FidelGonzales
One thing I have learned from the easy upgrade process is to always save your default template and CSS. I love K2 2.2.

Regarding the tags, there is a bug or two that need to be worked out. You may be experiencing an issue with having a dash or dot within the tag. One of these issues has been worked out, according to my memory, but the other has not. Either way, the issue leads to a K2 page with no content on it.

For comments, I have chosen an external commenting system, Disqus. The social aspect to it helps with extending the content to other social media platforms. Though, I can understand why one would want to keep complete control over the commenting system, primarily due to the longevity of such projects.

It appears you changed the template. Very clean. Like it. And love the Kunena template. It's looking good.

• Richard Morgan
More
14 years 6 months ago #72522 by Richard Morgan
Regarding the tags, there is a bug or two that need to be worked out. You may be experiencing an issue with having a dash or dot within the tag. One of these issues has been worked out, according to my memory, but the other has not. Either way, the issue leads to a K2 page with no content on it.

The tags issue is really frustrating for me. I've disabled every tag that wasn't one word. (I have over 600 tags). No spaces - no dash- no dot. Still no go. I'm not using sh404sef, using standard built-in Joomla sef, so that isn't the issue. When clicked, tags still lead to a 404 error. Hoping for a fix.

Sure hope the dev's are working on pagination also. I have a couple of loooong articles that would look better broken up.

Other than those issues (huge issues, IMO) , I still think that K2 is great.

It appears you changed the template. Very clean. Like it. And love the Kunena template. It's looking good.