Keyword

Authors list order principle?

• krmr
  • krmr's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 1 week ago #72634 by krmr
Authors list order principle? was created by krmr
Hi, I encountered an issue I can't solve by the back-end options of authors list display in K2_tools module. I can not figure out what is the order the authors are displayed in the list. Considering my sites it seems a combination of user ID and latest articles by user? Is that correct?
Can we have order options for the list in a future releases?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 1 week ago #72635 by FT1
Replied by FT1 on topic Authors list order principle?
Hi there
I just apply your requested changes to the module
Do a backup of your /modules/mod_k2_tools folder, then replace it with this one
I hope this people is not going to get mad with me for this :)

• krmr
More
15 years 1 week ago #72636 by krmr
Replied by krmr on topic Authors list order principle?
hi FT1, thanks a lot for the patch! appreciated. Actually, I should apologize for not being clear. The order I mentioned above was my guess how it is done at the moment.
The order I wish to apply to the authors list is alphabetic order by name, as it is available in standard Joomla articles. It is a convention for names lists, I guess.

More
15 years 1 week ago #72637 by FT1
Replied by FT1 on topic Authors list order principle?
Hi

On the original version, the ordering is not specified, that mean, the ordering is stablished by the database paging engine (cronological prior to maintenance of db and by table index after a maintenance run)

In this patch I include the following ordering options:
1. Author Name
2. Item Count (most active items first)
3. Comments Count (most commented first)
4. Ratings Count (most rated first)
5. Ratings Sum (higher rated first)
6. Latest Item (most recent first)

So you can oder your Authors by alphabetical order or by popularity, or just the most recent :)
I'm uploading the mod again since the .rar extention must be a restricted one to download in this community

krmr trzv said:hi FT1, thanks a lot for the patch! appreciated. Actually, I should apologize for not being clear. The order I mentioned above was my guess how it is done at the moment.The order I wish to apply to the authors list is alphabetic order by name, as it is available in standard Joomla articles. It is a convention for names lists, I guess.
Attachments:

• krmr
More
15 years 1 week ago #72638 by krmr
HEY FT1! YOU ARE GREAT! I just downloaded the zip file. Uploaded the unzipped files and it WORKS! Just marvelous.
Thank you very much! You have put a final touch to the site. Now its perfect. I hope there are many people to benefit from your patch. Good luck and may the force be with you:)

• krmr
More
15 years 1 week ago #72639 by krmr
Hi FT1,
I have to ask you one more thing. If you consider it's too much I would of course very well understand you.
Now it's about k2_mod_content. There is this option in the component to select an article as "featured", right?
It would be great to have the possibility the label "featured" displayed in the item title in the mod_content module, not just in the items view. Could you just point a tag i can insert in the helper of the module, I tried inserting different ifs in there, but no success so far.
big big thanks again!

FT1 said:Hi
On the original version, the ordering is not specified, that mean, the ordering is stablished by the database paging engine (cronological prior to maintenance of db and by table index after a maintenance run)

1. Author Name

So you can oder your Authors by alphabetical order or by popularity, or just the most recent :)
I'm uploading the mod again since the .rar extention must be a restricted one to download in this community

krmr trzv said:hi FT1, thanks a lot for the patch! appreciated. Actually, I should apologize for not being clear. The order I mentioned above was my guess how it is done at the moment.The order I wish to apply to the authors list is alphabetic order by name, as it is available in standard Joomla articles. It is a convention for names lists, I guess.

• krmr
More
14 years 11 months ago #72640 by krmr
you can't do that, or you can if you can do a mod like the one ft1 did of k2_contents

Christos said:Hello,
Is it possible to explain how to order the articles in k2_tools module by using the item modified date?

thank you in advance

More
14 years 10 months ago #72641 by Steve k
Replied by Steve k on topic Authors list order principle?
FT1: Thank you so much for this addition. I really needed it for a gift guide site. Thank you. I would love a select box option for the authors list as well.

FT1 said:Hi

1. Author Name

More
14 years 9 months ago #72642 by Sunny
Replied by Sunny on topic Authors list order principle?
Is there a module showing most rated items??

More
13 years 4 months ago #72643 by Andreaz
Replied by Andreaz on topic Authors list order principle?
This doesn't seem to be working for me. What I really need is author list that would show the top authors with the most articles. I really need such feature. Could anyone help me with that?