Keyword

UNKNOWNARCHIVETYPE - K2 (SigPro) Image Gallery

• Kurt Burkhart
  • Kurt Burkhart's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 1 week ago #72772 by Kurt Burkhart
UNKNOWNARCHIVETYPE - K2 (SigPro) Image Gallery was created by Kurt Burkhart
I've searched the forums and blogs (for both k2 and SIG Pro) and have yet to find a solution for this issue...

When I attempt to upload a gallery I get the: UNKNOWNARCHIVETYPE
Gallery upload error: Cannot extract archive! message.

I've added rar and zip to the legal file extensions via global config, changed the file paths to media/k2/galleries, switched to mootools via the sig pro settings page, and tested this via Firefox and IE - none of these things have fixed this issue for me.

At this point I would even be satisfied w/ a workaround where I could create a folder on my server and manually upload the images myself via cpanel - anything to get this functional.

Somebody please help me with this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Kurt Burkhart
More
15 years 1 week ago #72773 by Kurt Burkhart
Replied by Kurt Burkhart on topic UNKNOWNARCHIVETYPE - K2 (SigPro) Image Gallery
Also FYI:
Sig Pro - 2.0.4
Joomla - 1.5.14
K2 - 2.1

More
15 years 1 week ago #72774 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic UNKNOWNARCHIVETYPE - K2 (SigPro) Image Gallery
Hi. Can you please post the file you are trying to upload?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Kurt Burkhart
More
15 years 1 week ago #72775 by Kurt Burkhart
Replied by Kurt Burkhart on topic UNKNOWNARCHIVETYPE - K2 (SigPro) Image Gallery
Thanks for your response...

See attached -->

• Kurt Burkhart
More
15 years 1 week ago #72776 by Kurt Burkhart
Also: Out of desperation I switched out the "gallery" snippet of code from here:
code.google.com/p/joomlaworks/source/browse/trunk/K2/administrator/components/com_k2/models/item.php?spec=svn74&r=74
That got rid of the "Gallery upload error" but I'm still not getting any gallery preview or gallery images in media/k2.
And I didn't see any entries in my db table for gallery, although I'm not sure I was even looking in the correct place for those.

Thanks again.

• Kurt Burkhart
More
15 years 1 week ago #72777 by Kurt Burkhart
Scratch the above comment...
I retried this last night with no change in behavior - still getting Gallery upload error when adding zips.
& my appologies for the missinformation. The formatting was off on my earlier copy and paste which somehow prevented that error from showing but also seemingly eliminated all functionality for the gallery upload.

More
15 years 1 week ago #72778 by Valdis
One thing for sure - it works for some people. And it works with SIG free hacked for me and some others as well. This message IMHO comes from basic upload class which isn't even k2 specific (check source); so, it might be some server configuration issue. You might try to play with that upload class alone to nail down what's causing problems as specific k2/gallery code might be irrelevant for Your situation.

Al Burkhart said:Scratch the above comment... I retried this last night with no change in behavior - still getting Gallery upload error when adding zips.
& my appologies for the missinformation. The formatting was off on my earlier copy and paste which somehow prevented that error from showing but also seemingly eliminated all functionality for the gallery upload.

• Kurt Burkhart
More
15 years 1 week ago #72779 by Kurt Burkhart
It's strange how folks get differing results with this. I started with the free version of sig, added the underscore to the filename (which fixed k2's sig recognition issue), and still received the Gallery upload error. Re: server config, with k2 version 1.0.2b I'm able to upload zip files... and the contents unzip to a folder on my server - no error message.

More
15 years 1 week ago #72780 by Valdis
Well, it might be some problem with that update class - may be a bug in its/k2 code or some configuration problem or both as class in k2 current was updated in August. Probably k2 v1.* contained earlier version or whatever (I don't know as used only v.2.*). Apparently on some configurations it works just fine; on some not so.

Regards,
Valdis

P.S. Just to be clear on one thing - this class is a part of k2; so, until proven otherwise it might be a bug in k2 ;) I just hinted to it if You are willing to hunt down cause/solution Yourself.

Al Burkhart said:It's strange how folks get differing results with this. I started with the free version of sig, added the underscore to the filename (which fixed k2's sig recognition issue), and still received the Gallery upload error. Re: server config, with k2 version 1.0.2b I'm able to upload zip files... and the contents unzip to a folder on my server - no error message.

More
15 years 1 week ago #72781 by Kenneth Crowder
Replied by Kenneth Crowder on topic UNKNOWNARCHIVETYPE - K2 (SigPro) Image Gallery
I had this same problem. When uploading to the gallery, the mime type is checked and it appears that it was checking the path for the mime type and not the name of the file. There are several checks for mime type prior to the code I edited below, and even some after. It keeps trying different ones until it gets a hit. Unfortunately until I fixed the code, it was trying to call it a text file and not a zip file. Anyway, this is what I did:

File: \administrator\components\com_k2\lib\class.upload.php
Line: ~2231
Change...
$this->file_src_mime = mime_content_type($this->file_src_pathname);
...to...
$this->file_src_mime = mime_content_type($this->file_src_name);