Keyword

UNKNOWNARCHIVETYPE - K2 (SigPro) Image Gallery

• Kurt Burkhart
  • Kurt Burkhart's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 1 week ago #72782 by Kurt Burkhart
Replied by Kurt Burkhart on topic UNKNOWNARCHIVETYPE - K2 (SigPro) Image Gallery
Kenneth

This worked 100% - I can now upload zips and view my galleries via k2.
Thank you! so much for your help with this - sincerely... you saved me days of work trying to figure this thing out.

Kenneth Crowder said:I had this same problem. When uploading to the gallery, the mime type is checked and it appears that it was checking the path for the mime type and not the name of the file. There are several checks for mime type prior to the code I edited below, and even some after. It keeps trying different ones until it gets a hit. Unfortunately until I fixed the code, it was trying to call it a text file and not a zip file. Anyway, this is what I did:File: \administrator\components\com_k2\lib\class.upload.phpLine: ~2231Change...$this->file_src_mime = mime_content_type($this->file_src_pathname);...to...$this->file_src_mime = mime_content_type($this->file_src_name);

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #72783 by Jean-Max
Replied by Jean-Max on topic UNKNOWNARCHIVETYPE - K2 (SigPro) Image Gallery
I tried every solutions on every post regarding the UNKNOWNARCHIVETYPE issue. But I can't get it work. Is there someone who got a general workaround. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Sig Pro - 2.0.4
Joomla - 1.5.11
K2 - 2.1

More
14 years 10 months ago #72784 by Jean-Max
Replied by Jean-Max on topic UNKNOWNARCHIVETYPE - K2 (SigPro) Image Gallery
Same problem for me. But still no real solution anywhere!!!!!

More
14 years 7 months ago #72785 by Ray Cascella
Replied by Ray Cascella on topic UNKNOWNARCHIVETYPE - K2 (SigPro) Image Gallery
When I had this issue, in the Free verson of SIG, I found that the MIME type was not what I expected. The type the system actually saw was "application/zip; charset=binary", instead of the regular "application/zip", once I added it to the array on the line below, it recognized the file and uploaded the image gallery just fine =-D

found in administrator/components/com_k2/models/item.php
Approx line 393

$handle->allowed = array("application/rar", "application/x-rar-compressed", "application/arj", "application/gnutar", "application/x-bzip", "application/x-bzip2", "application/x-compressed", "application/x-gzip", "application/x-zip-compressed", "application/zip", "multipart/x-zip", "multipart/x-gzip", "application/x-unknown", "application/x-zip","application/zip; charset=binary");

More
14 years 6 months ago #72786 by Jamie Morrison
Replied by Jamie Morrison on topic UNKNOWNARCHIVETYPE - K2 (SigPro) Image Gallery
I've tried all the fixes listed so far, and none have worked. I still get the UNKNOWNARCHIVETYPE message when trying to upload a ZIP file. I've got Joomla 1.5.14, K2 2.2 and SIG 2.0.5. Anyone got any further ideas in getting this to work? Thanks!

More
14 years 6 months ago #72787 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic UNKNOWNARCHIVETYPE - K2 (SigPro) Image Gallery
Hi. Please try to upload the zip file using a different browser and see what happens.

Jamie Morrison said:I've tried all the fixes listed so far, and none have worked. I still get the UNKNOWNARCHIVETYPE message when trying to upload a ZIP file. I've got Joomla 1.5.14, K2 2.2 and SIG 2.0.5. Anyone got any further ideas in getting this to work? Thanks!

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 6 months ago #72788 by jbmaury
Hello everybody,

i tried all i've seen in this discussion (and other information like the artcicle in K2JOOM site) , including paying for the Pro version of SIG.
It does not works at all.

Any has a new idea please ??

Detail actions :

- SIG Pro installed
- class.upload.php modified
- item.php modified
- google chgrome; IE & Firefox tested.

Did i miss anything ???

Plus :

I used the free Plugin and comand line {gallery},{/gallery} tio display my pictures.
Since i installed the Pro version of SIG, when i clic on the thumbnail, two popups appears (probably mootools reloaded ?)

Site :

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Please try to upload the zip file using a different browser and see what happens. Jamie Morrison said:I've tried all the fixes listed so far, and none have worked. I still get the UNKNOWNARCHIVETYPE message when trying to upload a ZIP file. I've got Joomla 1.5.14, K2 2.2 and SIG 2.0.5. Anyone got any further ideas in getting this to work? Thanks!

More
14 years 6 months ago #72789 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic UNKNOWNARCHIVETYPE - K2 (SigPro) Image Gallery
Hi Jean,

This is not an immediate answer, but if you have purchased SIG Pro, then you should get support directly from Joomlaworks for the issue.

I have been paying attention to issues regarding k2 and SIG free, hacks and Pro and some work for many with no issues, then you get a few users that have a lot of trouble.

To get a definitive resolve would be great for all.
For multiple instances of pop up, then you still have one of the plugins enables or try chaning from mootools to js type instead.

Simon

Jean-Baptiste MAURY said:Hello everybody,
i tried all i've seen in this discussion (and other information like the artcicle in K2JOOM site) , including paying for the Pro version of SIG.
It does not works at all.

Any has a new idea please ??

Detail actions :

- SIG Pro installed
- class.upload.php modified
- item.php modified
- google chgrome; IE & Firefox tested.

Did i miss anything ???

Plus :

I used the free Plugin and comand line {gallery},{/gallery} tio display my pictures.
Since i installed the Pro version of SIG, when i clic on the thumbnail, two popups appears (probably mootools reloaded ?)

Site :

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Please try to upload the zip file using a different browser and see what happens. Jamie Morrison said:I've tried all the fixes listed so far, and none have worked. I still get the UNKNOWNARCHIVETYPE message when trying to upload a ZIP file. I've got Joomla 1.5.14, K2 2.2 and SIG 2.0.5. Anyone got any further ideas in getting this to work? Thanks!

More
14 years 6 months ago #72790 by Jamie Morrison
Replied by Jamie Morrison on topic UNKNOWNARCHIVETYPE - K2 (SigPro) Image Gallery
Thank you! That worked. So simple -- I should've thought of it.

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. Please try to upload the zip file using a different browser and see what happens.
Jamie Morrison said:I've tried all the fixes listed so far, and none have worked. I still get the UNKNOWNARCHIVETYPE message when trying to upload a ZIP file. I've got Joomla 1.5.14, K2 2.2 and SIG 2.0.5. Anyone got any further ideas in getting this to work? Thanks!

More
14 years 1 week ago #72791 by Philippe Ranc
Replied by Philippe Ranc on topic UNKNOWNARCHIVETYPE - K2 (SigPro) Image Gallery
Right. I've had the same problem. With Firefox, not working. With IE, working fine... The only first time that IE is working better than other browser...
@+