Keyword

Problems adding an Item

• josepancho
  • josepancho's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 6 days ago #73170 by josepancho
Problems adding an Item was created by josepancho
I am using Purity Joomla template on my front end. I have K2 Installed and seems to be working in most areas however a very important area of adding an Item is not working. Each time I try to add a new item I get the 500 error "server cannot display the page". Adding categories is not a problem, adding groups is not a problem. The problem seems to be confined to just the issue of adding an ITEM.

Can someone please help here?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 5 days ago #73171 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Problems adding an Item
Hi. Do you mean you can't add items from the front end? Can you edit any items?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• josepancho
More
15 years 5 days ago #73172 by josepancho
Replied by josepancho on topic Problems adding an Item
I cannot edit nor can I add any new items within the Item screen. Please see attached image. When I press on the "Add New" icon a 500 errror "server cannot display the page" is returned.
Attachments:

• josepancho
More
15 years 5 days ago #73173 by josepancho
Can anyone help me please to resolve this issue?

More
15 years 4 days ago #73174 by Lefteris
Hi. A 500 error is returned by the server so it is difficult to find out what's happening. Try to search this forum as i think a similar error has been posted in the past. Also please ensure that you have the latest version of K2 and that your setup meets the requirements.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• josepancho
More
15 years 4 days ago #73175 by josepancho
I think I have the latest verion of K2 and I believe that my server means the K2 requirements. I also searched the forum and I did not realy come across any solution to the problem.

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. A 500 error is returned by the server so it is difficult to find out what's happening. Try to search this forum as i think a similar error has been posted in the past. Also please ensure that you have the latest version of K2 and that your setup meets the requirements.

More
15 years 3 days ago #73176 by Lefteris
Hi. Go to info page on the K2 control panel and see the system checks. This way you will see if you don't meet any requirements.

Jose Pancho said:I think I have the latest verion of K2 and I believe that my server means the K2 requirements. I also searched the forum and I did not realy come across any solution to the problem.
Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. A 500 error is returned by the server so it is difficult to find out what's happening. Try to search this forum as i think a similar error has been posted in the past. Also please ensure that you have the latest version of K2 and that your setup meets the requirements.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
15 years 3 days ago #73177 by Michele Hartley
Replied by Michele Hartley on topic Problems adding an Item
I can tell you it is not your template - I have no problems at all with using the Purity template - I tried to duplicate the problem on my system and couldn't - this is just an idea (I use it sometimes when trying to access other services on my web server when I get a 500 error) : right click on the "new" button and see if you get the screen in another window. It may work but I am not sure...

Otherwise, you will need to contact your hosting company and ask them. Have you checked to make sure that your SQL files are not corrupted? i.e. not missing the Items database for K2?

Viel Glück!

• josepancho
More
15 years 3 days ago #73178 by josepancho
From looking at the system check in K2 there does not appear to be any problems with the install intself of K2. I tried the the right click open in new window suggestion and that does not work either. I belive it is a currupted Item SQL Items database that is missing in the K2. The problem is however that when I do remove and reinstall it does not fix the database. Is there anyway you may please provide me with an SQL script to recreate the Items database? Please provide instructions on how to run the script from the SQL desktop User interface. Thanks much.

• josepancho
More
14 years 11 months ago #73179 by josepancho
Its been approximately one month now since I have posted this isssue but still no resolution and I find that there is little help in this forum in addressing the problem. Moreover it would appear that the problem is not unique to me as I have seen others in recent times posting similar problem with function to "Add New Item.

Are any of the developers out there that might be ble to help us all resolve this issue?

Jose Pancho said:From looking at the system check in K2 there does not appear to be any problems with the install intself of K2. I tried the the right click open in new window suggestion and that does not work either. I belive it is a currupted Item SQL Items database that is missing in the K2. The problem is however that when I do remove and reinstall it does not fix the database. Is there anyway you may please provide me with an SQL script to recreate the Items database? Please provide instructions on how to run the script from the SQL desktop User interface. Thanks much.