Keyword

You can also add Recaptcha in contact form too

• d.k.shukla
  • d.k.shukla's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 11 months ago #73199 by d.k.shukla
Hi

Joomla contact component is not having anti spam protection feature. I had worked out solution to add recaptcha anti spam protection as following.
Please read it in continuation to my previous post. k2community.joomlaworks.gr/forum/topics/registration-recpatcha?page=1&commentId=3536014%3AComment%3A7520&x=1#3536014Comment7520

Please add {captcha} after line no 63 of file components/com_contact/views/contact/tmpl/default_form.php
Please add appropriate line break tag and instruction text.

I am attaching modified file so you can directly replace the file in above said directory but don't forget to install and enable plugin reCAPTCHA Integrator Plugin download from www.joomlaez.com/
I will hope that it will help community to add recaptcha anti spam protection in contact form

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #73200 by Daniel Westerdale
Replied by Daniel Westerdale on topic You can also add Recaptcha in contact form too
Hi

I have been following your excellent posts regarding enabling Recaptcha in K2 and I have stumbled across the issue whereby I can refresh the comment form for my post and the ReCaptcha graphic appears....then it promptly disappears before my users get a chance to complete form!.

To recap my setup I have summarised my steps as follows:

Firstly, go to the recaptcha.net/ and create your reCAPTCHA Key for either you single domain or all domains (globally)

Go to www.joomlaez.com/ then download and install the JEZ reCAPTCHA Integrator Plugin
Now, login to your Joomla administration panel and navigate to Extensions -> Plugin Manager -> System - JEZ reCAPTCHA Integrator then configure JEZ reCAPTCHA Integrator plugin as following:

Enabled: Yes
reCAPTCHA Public Key: your public key
reCAPTCHA Private Key: your private key
Inclusion Syntax: Yes
Auto-verify: No

On the Joomla administration panel and navigate to Components -> K2 -> Parameters
Enable reCaptcha: Yes
reCaptcha public key: your public key
reCaptcha private key: your private key

Using your FTp client or SSH or whatever

edit /public_html/components/com_k2/templates/default/item_comments_form.php

Comment out lines 34-35 and add the {captcha} inclusion syntax as show in the attached item_comments_form.php form

Any ideas please?

• d.k.shukla
More
14 years 8 months ago #73201 by d.k.shukla
Replied by d.k.shukla on topic You can also add Recaptcha in contact form too
Hi
I think you are doing everything correct except you are not selecting yes to auto verify in JEZ reCAPTCHA Integrator Plugin, After selecting it to yes,it will work.
If you are facing any difficulty then please post your feedback.
Best of luck.
Shukla

Danel Westerdale said:Hi
I have been following your excellent posts regarding enabling Recaptcha in K2 and I have stumbled across the issue whereby I can refresh the comment form for my post and the ReCaptcha graphic appears....then it promptly disappears before my users get a chance to complete form!.

Firstly, go to the recaptcha.net/ and create your reCAPTCHA Key for either you single domain or all domains (globally)

Go to www.joomlaez.com/ then download and install the JEZ reCAPTCHA Integrator Plugin
Now, login to your Joomla administration panel and navigate to Extensions -> Plugin Manager -> System - JEZ reCAPTCHA Integrator then configure JEZ reCAPTCHA Integrator plugin as following:

On the Joomla administration panel and navigate to Components -> K2 -> Parameters

Comment out lines 34-35 and add the {captcha} inclusion syntax as show in the attached item_comments_form.php form

Any ideas please?

More
14 years 8 months ago #73202 by Daniel Westerdale
Replied by Daniel Westerdale on topic You can also add Recaptcha in contact form too
Hi

Well the feedback is Yes and No! Yes after setting auto verify I did have the reCAPTCHA graphic on my form. I was about to reply to you then I thought I better make absolutely certain......

I have now test it a number of times:
1) My site does appear more sluggish when rendering the form
2) when I input the contact form and press TAB to enter the 2nd Word in the reCAPTCHA graphic the reCAPTCHA graphic simply disappears ( without any postback involved)
3) The reCAPTCHA graphic and sometimes the submit button do NOT occasionally appear on the form when I ever refresh the form.

Regards

Daniel

d.k.shukla said:Hi I think you are doing everything correct except you are not selecting yes to auto verify in JEZ reCAPTCHA Integrator Plugin, After selecting it to yes,it will work.
If you are facing any difficulty then please post your feedback.
Best of luck.
Shukla

Danel Westerdale said:Hi I have been following your excellent posts regarding enabling Recaptcha in K2 and I have stumbled across the issue whereby I can refresh the comment form for my post and the ReCaptcha graphic appears....then it promptly disappears before my users get a chance to complete form!.

Any ideas please?

• d.k.shukla
More
14 years 8 months ago #73203 by d.k.shukla
Replied by d.k.shukla on topic You can also add Recaptcha in contact form too
Hi
It is very unfortunate that this solution could not worked at your website.It is working normal at my website.
I think that reason of sluggishness are following,
1- slow response of recaptcha.net website
2- css and template related issue
Please check your php error file.
It is better to check recaptcha functionality in different form other than k2 component, if it work fine then implement in k2 comment,please don't forget to disable recaptcha functionality in k2,please also get ensure that some other plug in not get installed which are using recaptcha.
I hope above may help you.
With best wishes.

Danel Westerdale said:Hi
Well the feedback is Yes and No! Yes after setting auto verify I did have the reCAPTCHA graphic on my form. I was about to reply to you then I thought I better make absolutely certain......

I have now test it a number of times:
1) My site does appear more sluggish when rendering the form
2) when I input the contact form and press TAB to enter the 2nd Word in the reCAPTCHA graphic the reCAPTCHA graphic simply disappears ( without any postback involved)
3) The reCAPTCHA graphic and sometimes the submit button do NOT occasionally appear on the form when I ever refresh the form.

Regards

Daniel

d.k.shukla said:Hi I think you are doing everything correct except you are not selecting yes to auto verify in JEZ reCAPTCHA Integrator Plugin, After selecting it to yes,it will work. If you are facing any difficulty then please post your feedback.
Best of luck.
Shukla

Danel Westerdale said:Hi I have been following your excellent posts regarding enabling Recaptcha in K2 and I have stumbled across the issue whereby I can refresh the comment form for my post and the ReCaptcha graphic appears....then it promptly disappears before my users get a chance to complete form!.

Any ideas please?

More
14 years 8 months ago #73204 by MERINEO
Hello guys,
thanks for advise, i made everything you say, but when i go to the plugin parameters, it doesnt show me this options:

But this options:

Public Key
Private Key
Theme
Language

Im surprised, because no Inclusion systax and no Auto-verify showing to me...
Thanks for help

More
14 years 8 months ago #73205 by Daniel Westerdale
Hi
It looks to me that you are using a different plugin or an older version. On the top right of the plugin settings page
you should see:

JEZ reCAPTCHA Integrator implementation Joomla! 1.5 plugin v1.0.0 (Show / hide details)

I hope that helps

Imrich Koval said:Hello guys, thanks for advise, i made everything you say, but when i go to the plugin parameters, it doesnt show me this options:

But this options:

Public Key
Private Key
Theme
Language

Thanks for help

More
14 years 8 months ago #73206 by MERINEO
Hello Danel,
thanks for reply, i looked up for this: JEZ reCAPTCHA Integrator implementation Joomla! 1.5 plugin v1.0.0, but in this plugin isnt anything like this...it shows only things what i say :(
May i ask you, can you send me right plugin to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ? I download my plugin from: www.joomlaez.com/downloads/cat_view/59-joomla-plugins.html

Thanks for help

Danel Westerdale said:Hi It looks to me that you are using a different plugin or an older version. On the top right of the plugin settings page
you should see:

JEZ reCAPTCHA Integrator implementation Joomla! 1.5 plugin v1.0.0 (Show / hide details)

I hope that helps

Imrich Koval said:Hello guys, thanks for advise, i made everything you say, but when i go to the plugin parameters, it doesnt show me this options:

But this options:

Public Key
Private Key
Theme
Language

Thanks for help

More
14 years 8 months ago #73207 by MERINEO
Ok i reinstalled plugin and now show me everything you say, i set up as:

inclusion syntax - yes
auto-verify - no

But when i go to the registration page, nothing happened, i rewrite default_form.php with your file before yet....:(

Thanks

Imrich Koval said:Hello Danel,
thanks for reply, i looked up for this: JEZ reCAPTCHA Integrator implementation Joomla! 1.5 plugin v1.0.0, but in this plugin isnt anything like this...it shows only things what i say :(
May i ask you, can you send me right plugin to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ? I download my plugin from: www.joomlaez.com/downloads/cat_view/59-joomla-plugins.html

Thanks for help

Danel Westerdale said:Hi It looks to me that you are using a different plugin or an older version. On the top right of the plugin settings page you should see:

I hope that helps

Imrich Koval said:Hello guys, thanks for advise, i made everything you say, but when i go to the plugin parameters, it doesnt show me this options: reCAPTCHA Public Key: your public key

But this options:

Public Key
Private Key
Theme
Language

Thanks for help

More
14 years 8 months ago #73208 by MERINEO
Here is link to registration:
www.merineo.sk/kaviaren/index.php/component/user/register

Imrich Koval said:Ok i reinstalled plugin and now show me everything you say, i set up as:

inclusion syntax - yes
auto-verify - no

But when i go to the registration page, nothing happened, i rewrite default_form.php with your file before yet....:(

Thanks

Imrich Koval said:Hello Danel, thanks for reply, i looked up for this: JEZ reCAPTCHA Integrator implementation Joomla! 1.5 plugin v1.0.0, but in this plugin isnt anything like this...it shows only things what i say :(

Thanks for help

Danel Westerdale said:Hi It looks to me that you are using a different plugin or an older version. On the top right of the plugin settings page you should see:

I hope that helps

Imrich Koval said:Hello guys, thanks for advise, i made everything you say, but when i go to the plugin parameters, it doesnt show me this options: reCAPTCHA Public Key: your public key reCAPTCHA Private Key: your private key

But this options:

Public Key
Private Key
Theme
Language

Thanks for help