Keyword

Can not add item nor edit user info on frontend

• Desda, oefening in eigenheid
  • Desda, oefening in eigenheid's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 1 day ago #73230 by Desda, oefening in eigenheid
Can not add item nor edit user info on frontend was created by Desda, oefening in eigenheid
Hi all,

I am trying to get K2 to work on a site. Some of the most essential features for this site do not work: adding a new item or updating one's user info on the frontend. This all does work on the backend, as does editing an item on the frontend work.

When I click the "Add new item" in the login module, a layover appears, which holds the frame to www.mysite.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&task=add&tmpl=component. The frame is completly empty: there is nothing in there. When I enter this adres in my browser, the same happens: a completly blank screen. When I turn SEF off for my site, the browser asks me to download the index.php file, it does not even open the frame.
I noticed that /components/com_k2/views/item/tmpl/item.php is empty, besides the k2 info and the direct access denied string.

When I want to edit user info, I do get the screen and I am able to enter info, search for an avatar, etc. Saving, however, does not seem to work. My site reports that my settings have been saved, but they are not... Doing the same thing via the backend works just fine.

I am using K2 v2.1, J!1.5.14, SEF turned off (or on, does not matter), PHP5.2.3,
I have checked and corrected the settings of the Media directories, made sure that I have permission to create content and that frontend submission is enabled.

I am a bit lost, please give me some clues...
Greetings,

Jeroen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• olsen
  • Elite Member
  • Joomla and K2 Freelancer
More
15 years 1 day ago #73231 by olsen
js error???

Didn't solve your issues?? Why dont you consider hire me? Email me or contact me www.xevedigital.com for details

More
15 years 1 day ago #73232 by Desda, oefening in eigenheid
Replied by Desda, oefening in eigenheid on topic Can not add item nor edit user info on frontend
Yep, at least for the user info. I was using a Rockettheme template specially designed to work with K2 (Moxy)... What a bummer. Switching off al js in the template settings was not good enough, I now use their free template Afterburner, which works well.

Now I am still left with the blank screen on creating a new article. I now get directed to a new page (www.mysite.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&task=add&tmpl=component), which is really empty. No source code at all. Strange.
Thanks olsen!
Greetings,

Jeroen

• Proactive International, LLC
More
15 years 1 day ago #73233 by Proactive International, LLC
Replied by Proactive International, LLC on topic Can not add item nor edit user info on frontend
I am having a similar problem. When you go to Add Item, the window opens with an Internal Server Error. That's all you can reach.

On the other hand, Ive been able to log in from the front end and edit an existing article.

It is also with Moxy as well. Adding items from the back end doesn't seem to be a problem - its adding them from the front end.

Ive already determined the user is a part of a group with the ability to Add Items.

Anyone have any ideas?

More
15 years 15 hours ago #73234 by Desda, oefening in eigenheid
Replied by Desda, oefening in eigenheid on topic Can not add item nor edit user info on frontend
Found another clue... RokCandy. RokCandy is a component which allows for easy styling, by replacing code (say: [bold]{text}[/bold] for the respective html-code. Once I uninstalled RokCandy, I can again create new K2-content easily.

Now I am only left puzzling over the user edit when using RT's Moxy template. Anybody any idea?
Greetings,

Jeroen

• Proactive International, LLC
More
15 years 9 hours ago #73235 by Proactive International, LLC
Replied by Proactive International, LLC on topic Can not add item nor edit user info on frontend
Jeroen G said:Found another clue... RokCandy. RokCandy is a component which allows for easy styling, by replacing code (say: [bold]{text}[/bold] for the respective html-code. Once I uninstalled RokCandy, I can again create new K2-content easily.
Now I am only left puzzling over the user edit when using RT's Moxy template. Anybody any idea?
Greetings,

Jeroen

I can confirm that in my case, turning off RockCandy solved my problem.

More
14 years 11 months ago #73236 by Gez
I am having the same problem.. again using Moxy ( www.blackghost.co.uk/gamesprayz ).

New users can register, although the avatar upload doesnt work, but then they get no 'add new item' button when they login in. Using the default Joomla template or another, older, RocketTheme template all is fine.. new users can upload and change avatars and can also add new items.. I did notice, no matter what though.. their K2 user status remains blank whether it works or not!

• Sébastien Networlds
More
14 years 11 months ago #73237 by Sébastien Networlds
Replied by Sébastien Networlds on topic Can not add item nor edit user info on frontend
Saturnium said:hi all,

search file: template/rtmoxy/html/com_k2/profile.php

replace for attachement

enjoy ;)

Gerard Morrison said:I am having the same problem.. again using Moxy ( www.blackghost.co.uk/gamesprayz ). New users can register, although the avatar upload doesnt work, but then they get no 'add new item' button when they login in. Using the default Joomla template or another, older, RocketTheme template all is fine.. new users can upload and change avatars and can also add new items.. I did notice, no matter what though.. their K2 user status remains blank whether it works or not!

More
14 years 11 months ago #73238 by Gez
Thanks for the help..

I got impatient and changed my template to the Flux one from YooThemes.. everything works lovely :)

I still have the test server set up so will give your profile.php a try.

thanks again.

• Zonegig Design, LLC
More
14 years 11 months ago #73239 by Zonegig Design, LLC
Replied by Zonegig Design, LLC on topic Can not add item nor edit user info on frontend
I know this post is a bit old, but I just upgraded to the latest RokCandy .86a and the front end editing issue for me has now disappeared. So, if you need both functionality, look at upgrading to the latest RokCandy.