Keyword

Javascript errors when using Simple Image Gallery Plugin

• Jørgen Johanson
  • Jørgen Johanson's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 11 months ago #73323 by Jørgen Johanson
Just installed Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Free) in my K2 installation (Joomla! version 1.5.14, K2 version is 2.1. The Simple Image Gallery Plugin (Free) version is 1.2.1k2, see also: k2community.joomlaworks.gr/forum/topics/k2-does-not-detect-simple ). When adding a gallery to an item I get Javascript errors and things go really bad in the backend (in Add/Edit Item all the tabs ("Image", "Image Gallery" etc.) stop working ):

Backend (Add/Edit Item):

IE8:

Line: 92
Char: 741
Code: 0
URI: www.jjohanson-test.com/media/system/js/mootools.js

Line: 59
Char: 102

Frontend (browsing item):

Line: 21
Char: 63

Line: 59
Char: 102

I have noticed that Simple Image Gallery loads mootools.js, this means that mootols.js is avtually loaded twice (its also loaded by Joomla!)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #73324 by Valdis
IMHO You are trying to do something with early version of SIG free hack which has more problems. Check this thread with couple of later (naming/version number for latest package is the same as in one You used; but content is fresher) temporary solutions for SIG free - k2community.joomlaworks.gr/forum/topics/simple-image-gallery-bug.

Regards,
Valdis

• Jørgen Johanson
More
14 years 11 months ago #73325 by Jørgen Johanson
Replied by Jørgen Johanson on topic Javascript errors when using Simple Image Gallery Plugin
Thanks! I tried the version you posted (plg_jw_sig-v.1.2.1r2k2_j1.5.zip), but no luck. I still got Javascript errors. I did a couple of hacks, and now it seems to work OK (both in the frontend and backend). I have attached the hacked version (still called plg_jw_sig-v.1.2.1r2k2_j1.5.zip).

The changes are:

- jw_sig.xml, line 9: 1.2.1r2k2 (changed version number, cosmetic)
- jw_sig.php, line 177: commented out (removed inclusion of mootools.js)
- jw_sig.php, line 333: commented out (removed inclusion of mootools.js)

Anyway, thanks again!

Valdis said:IMHO You are trying to do something with early version of SIG free hack which has more problems. Check this thread with couple of later (naming/version number for latest package is the same as in one You used; but content is fresher) temporary solutions for SIG free - k2community.joomlaworks.gr/forum/topics/simple-image-gallery....Regards,Valdis
Attachments:

More
14 years 11 months ago #73326 by Lefteris
Hi. The free version of SIG is not compatible yet with K2.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Jørgen Johanson
More
14 years 11 months ago #73327 by Jørgen Johanson
Replied by Jørgen Johanson on topic Javascript errors when using Simple Image Gallery Plugin
Hello! Yes, that seems to be true. However, at the same time it is somewhat confusing that the "System Information" section under K2 "Information" has a line titled "Simple Image Gallery Plugin" (in addition to "Simple Image Gallery PRO Plugin") with values "Installed" and "Not installed". This seems to indicate that it might be possible to use the Simple Image Gallery Plugin ....

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. The free version of SIG is not compatible yet with K2.

More
14 years 11 months ago #73328 by Valdis
Thx, Jorgen, tried with Your changes and it's working without problems for me as well; so, this one becomes latest working hack of SIG free 1.2.1 for k2 v.2 ;)

@Lefteris: We know. And while dealing in hacks we are still waiting for k2 compatible release of SIG free :D

Jørgen Johanson said:Thanks! I tried the version you posted (plg_jw_sig-v.1.2.1r2k2_j1.5.zip), but no luck. I still got Javascript errors. I did a couple of hacks, and now it seems to work OK (both in the frontend and backend). I have attached the hacked version (still called plg_jw_sig-v.1.2.1r2k2_j1.5.zip). The changes are:

- jw_sig.xml, line 9: 1.2.1r2k2 (changed version number, cosmetic)
- jw_sig.php, line 177: commented out (removed inclusion of mootools.js)
- jw_sig.php, line 333: commented out (removed inclusion of mootools.js)

Anyway, thanks again!

Valdis said:IMHO You are trying to do something with early version of SIG free hack which has more problems. Check this thread with couple of later (naming/version number for latest package is the same as in one You used; but content is fresher) temporary solutions for SIG free - k2community.joomlaworks.gr/forum/topics/simple-image-gallery....Regards,Valdis

More
14 years 1 month ago #73329 by Daniel Arnolf
Perfect, works like a charm... thank you.