Keyword

line spacing or height in K2content module - Safari

• Craig Berry
  • Craig Berry's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 11 months ago #73416 by Craig Berry
Hello,
I did some styling of the K2 content module and it looks right in FF/Opera but not Safari.
Site is specialeditions.thecatholicspirit.com

Here's a shot of how it should look...

Here's how it looks in Safari...

Any ideas? I'm lost on this one.

Thanks!
Craig

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #73417 by Chris Yates
Replied by Chris Yates on topic line spacing or height in K2content module - Safari
Guys,

Fixed this annoying issue today (together with the other bug that prevents this module being styled with a suffix).

Attached is the corrected file.

To install extract the file.

Go to Joomla root/modules/mod_k2_content/tmpl/default and replace the file default.php with the one in the zip.

It works correctly in IE/Firefox/Safari/Crome which are the ones I've tested it with this afternoon.

You can also style it with module suffix as well.

Regards,

CHRIS
Attachments:

More
14 years 7 months ago #73418 by BBC
It has to do with the (br class="clr") within the php file of the module. This happens in a lot of other places within the k2 html/php and really causes a lot of headaches for me. It also leaves a bunch of whitespace around my breadcrumbs in Safari, and Chrome... and other webkit browsers.

I agree!
I had to move br class="clr" 1-2 lines up in PHP file to get it look same in major browsers. Now it is not nice in Safari and Chrome. I will compare that file at topic with Winmerge now.

More
14 years 7 months ago #73419 by BBC
With this default.php file I get unordered bullets list in all browsers.
If I don´t copy line 14 bullets disappears. Only difference between your line 14 and default K2 line (2.2 version) is a blank space among functions.
Your line 14:

id; ?>" class="k2ItemsBlock">

My line 14 (default K2 ver.2.2):

id; ?>" class="k2ItemsBlock ">

(See empty space after "k2ItemsBlock")
And this line only is difference between unoredered bullets and without bullets.

Even when bullets are gone layout is messed. But it can be fixed in CSS.

More
14 years 7 months ago #73420 by BBC
God, a hate this fuck*** forum. Really hate it.

More
14 years 7 months ago #73421 by BBC
I fixed my problems with Safari and Chrome browsers.
Renamed all

<.....br class="clr"/.......>

to

<....div class="clr"....><.../div....>
(don´t forget closing tags)
And it is now working perfectly in all browsers. The same spacing in millimeter.

When i removed some (or all)
<....br class="clr"/....>
i still needed to make a lot of styling and tweaking in css file to get same results in all browsers.

This way i had not to do this. It is perfect as it is in all browsers, and absolutely same results.

This forum is stupid. Just remove all these dots up there. Forum wont allow to put this as it is.

More
14 years 7 months ago #73422 by OpenPotion, Inc.
Replied by OpenPotion, Inc. on topic line spacing or height in K2content module - Safari
Which files did you modify?

BBC said:I fixed my problems with Safari and Chrome browsers. Renamed all

to

And it is now working perfectly in all browsers. The same spacing in millimeter.

i still needed to make a lot of styling and tweaking in css file to get same results in all browsers.

This way i had not to do this. It is perfect as it is in all browsers, and absolutely same results.

This forum is stupid. Just remove all these dots up there. Forum wont allow to put this as it is.

More
14 years 7 months ago #73423 by OpenPotion, Inc.
Replied by OpenPotion, Inc. on topic line spacing or height in K2content module - Safari
I went through several files and it seems sometimes they use the br and othertimes the div.. no consistency. So I figured it was in the module tmpl area for the k2 content module... and that fixed my issue. Thanks a ton!

Jason Hull said:Which files did you modify?

BBC said:I fixed my problems with Safari and Chrome browsers. Renamed all

to

More
14 years 7 months ago #73424 by ANdrew
Hi, are you using the module inside a front page article via modposition??

because I have tried this and I get the same probelm you have described when I do... If I simply place teh module in a mod position it works fine now after adding the php file CB kindly provided.. Thanks CB massive headache solved.

Jason Hull said:I went through several files and it seems sometimes they use the br and othertimes the div.. no consistency. So I figured it was in the module tmpl area for the k2 content module... and that fixed my issue. Thanks a ton!
Jason Hull said:Which files did you modify?
BBC said:I fixed my problems with Safari and Chrome browsers. Renamed all <.....br class="clr"/.......>

to

More
14 years 7 months ago #73425 by Ashfaq Rahman
Replied by Ashfaq Rahman on topic line spacing or height in K2content module - Safari
I,m in a big problem with this module I wish to add this module to horizontally show the latest news in frontpage. Imake some changes in css just give all li a fixed width and float left them but for k2s poor image resizeing option It massed up if the title is littile long and if the all image is not same size. can you people give me a easy solution of how can I show news horizontaly in frontpage??

Andy Critchlow said:Hi, are you using the module inside a front page article via modposition??
because I have tried this and I get the same probelm you have described when I do... If I simply place teh module in a mod position it works fine now after adding the php file CB kindly provided.. Thanks CB massive headache solved.

Jason Hull said:I went through several files and it seems sometimes they use the br and othertimes the div.. no consistency. So I figured it was in the module tmpl area for the k2 content module... and that fixed my issue. Thanks a ton! Jason Hull said:Which files did you modify? BBC said:I fixed my problems with Safari and Chrome browsers. Renamed all <.....br class="clr"/.......>
to