Keyword

How to skip some of sub-categories on category page?

• pembaris
  • pembaris's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 11 months ago #73503 by pembaris
Hi,

is it possible to have a category page that shows all the sub-categories column, but the blog entries are not?

For example, I have sub-categories named, Cat1 and Cat2. I want it to be shown on sub-cats column but on the category page view, only shows category from Cat1.

Cat2 needs to be clicked from the column to be viewed. Is this possible? if it is, how?

thanks for the help in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pembaris
  • pembaris's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 11 months ago #73504 by pembaris
please advise

More
14 years 4 months ago #73505 by datshay
Hay slim, I also have got the same problem and the catalog mode is not really working with me. can u please tell me what actually this catalog mode yes and no does.. .....

And have you got the solution of the problem. .. Thanks for sharing...

Slim said:I think that i have found.Try to put this option on YES. When configuring a category on Category item layout -> Other layout options -> Catalog mode : YES.This will not show the sub-categories items.

More
14 years 4 months ago #73506 by Simon Wells
@Datshay
Catalog mode is this.

If set to No, then when that category list is displayed, it will show all items contained within that parent category and all of its sub categories.

If set to Yes, then only items in that parent category will be shown, any items in the sub categories will not be displayed in that category view list.

@Pembaris.
To show only the sub category blocks and no items within a category list as you require, then go to that category parameters and set leading, primary and secondary counts to zero. you will then be left with just the category title/image/description and its sub categories.

@Slim.
In your parent category set catalog mode to Yes.
In you sub category also set catalog mode to Yes.

Hope that helps.

Simon
K2 Support