Keyword

K2 Menu with submenus

• Nicholas Lima
  • Nicholas Lima's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 1 week ago #73746 by Nicholas Lima
K2 Menu with submenus was created by Nicholas Lima
Hi, i want to share with all members of community a module made by me (in fact it is a modification of the original K2 module).

But i think it's very usefull, with it you can show a menu of all category with menus and submenus (vertical dropdown menu) or a list of item of a single category. I will thank if the comunity help sending-me a e-mail with the bugs to fix.

a example can be viewed at www.ecurticao.com.br/index.php.

This version of module works only in K2 version 2.0 if anyone wants the previous version just tell.

I do not speak English very well, so forgive my mistakes.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 3 days ago #73747 by Akian0
Replied by Akian0 on topic K2 Menu with submenus
Great mod. May work well with a sports site I'm working on.

• Nicholas Lima
More
15 years 3 days ago #73748 by Nicholas Lima
Replied by Nicholas Lima on topic K2 Menu with submenus
Thanks, I hope that the module fits your needs, when you finish your site, send the url for us to see the results.

Nick

Akian0 said:Great mod. May work well with a sports site I'm working on.

More
14 years 8 months ago #73749 by Manny Santos
Replied by Manny Santos on topic K2 Menu with submenus
Thank you for this module. I installed it in my k2 2.1 and i really like this menu. The only issue is the level rendering. When you leave the parameter in the module blank, it only renders the main cat, and one other level. If I add a #3 to render 3 levels, nothing happens.

I hope that you can modify it to allow this because you have a great module and should be used by everyone. Thanks

More
14 years 6 months ago #73750 by David Collis
Replied by David Collis on topic K2 Menu with submenus
I was trying to adapt your menu to become a module that shows the entirety of a category, all it's sub categories (recursively) AND all the items in them.
I removed the javascript part (as I don't need this - i just want a list)
But am not sure how to output each of the items under each category. Is this a simple modification?

This is about the feature I requested here: community.getk2.org/forum/topics/product-catalogue-view

• Nicholas Lima
More
14 years 6 months ago #73751 by Nicholas Lima
Hello, the module renders many levels as you want. The problem might be in the configuration of your module. Here's an example working with several levels of menu www.ecurticao.com.br

More
14 years 6 months ago #73752 by David Collis
Replied by David Collis on topic K2 Menu with submenus
Yes, but it only shows categories, not items too. This has now been done - see this posting: community.getk2.org/forum/topics/content-index-module

Thank you very much for this module - i wouldn't have this new one without your hard work!

More
14 years 6 months ago #73753 by Mickey Perre
Replied by Mickey Perre on topic K2 Menu with submenus
Does anyone know how to get this to work with something other than the default template???

More
14 years 6 months ago #73754 by Alexis Valera
Replied by Alexis Valera on topic K2 Menu with submenus
Hi Nicolas Lima, great pleasure to see you can achieve this and it seems to be pretty usefull, Thanks for that.

I been seeing you site and i love the way you modify the frontpage in order that the categories run togueter.

Im not a coder or a php master so i want to know if you can tell us how you can do this beautifull trick

Please

best regards

Thanks in advance

• Nicholas Lima
More
14 years 6 months ago #73755 by Nicholas Lima
Thank you. I'm very glad you enjoyed my website. To configure the site structure in this format, I created the module positions in Joomla and enable the modules of K2 to show news in particular categories.

In the images of titles was used CSS. The information in the modules of Banner and Spotlight, I used standard modules for joomla. If you still have doubts go www.ecurticao.com.br/?tp=1 to see how the template was structured.

Thanks for your support and I hope that the module works for you.

Alexis Enrique Valera said:Hi Nicolas Lima, great pleasure to see you can achieve this and it seems to be pretty usefull, Thanks for that.
I been seeing you site and i love the way you modify the frontpage in order that the categories run togueter.

Im not a coder or a php master so i want to know if you can tell us how you can do this beautifull trick

Please

best regards

Thanks in advance