Keyword

Integration with CB in version 2.X?

• tidhar
  • tidhar's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 11 months ago #73895 by tidhar
Integration with CB in version 2.X? was created by tidhar
I've seen some posts asking for K2 intergration with CB here, and the replies said it will probably happen in V2.X

Now that it is ready, I could'nt find out if they intergrate or not.
Do they?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #73896 by STF Enterprises
Replied by STF Enterprises on topic Integration with CB in version 2.X?
K2 and Community Builder integration is now possible using a series of files available from JoomlaMagic. See www.joomagic.com/downloads/extensions/cat_view/73-extensions...

With these files your K2 user avatar will be displayed in K2 modules and items. The avatar will link back to the CB profile and if you use the CB Author Tab plugin, the links from articles in CB will route to K2 items. To see a working version of this please go to www.theicpm.com

Please take notice: This is a set of "Hacked" files. These are not plugins. We strongly encourage you to back up the original files before you upload these files through your FTP. With this solution you can use CB login module and CB registration

Overwrite these files with the downloaded filesK2 Component..\components\com_k2\helpers\route.php ..\components\com_k2\models\itemlist.php ..\components\com_k2\templates\default\item.php K2 Module..\modules\mod_k2_content\helper.php

CB Plugin ..\components\com_comprofiler\plugin\user\plug_cbmamboauthortab\cb.authortabIf you are starting with a fresh K2 install - follow these additional steps:2) Install plg_user_k2. It will automatically insert users when user registered in CB and will assign to group3) from Back-end , K2 dashboard click "Import Joomla! content " it will import all joomla articles. and CB "my articles" tab will show only K2 articles.

NOTE REGARDING SUPPORT: We hired a Joomlancer to complete this work, so little support is offered. Use at your own risk.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #73897 by Thomas Murray
Replied by Thomas Murray on topic Integration with CB in version 2.X?
I have applied the hack to my site and it did indeed do what it promised.

I have a weird problem now.

There is a sometimes a two digit or 5 digit number above the category name and it displays article items from subcategories beneath the category itself. I can no longer click the main category because it treats me like I am already in the category.

Is there anything we can do to stoop categories from dislaying items in subcategories?

thank you.