Keyword

K2 Image Gallery Alternatives ?

• Jonathan Clark
  • Jonathan Clark's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 6 days ago #74047 by Jonathan Clark
K2 Image Gallery Alternatives ? was created by Jonathan Clark
First let me say that I love this component. Being fairly new to Joomla and Joomlaworks this has made life much easier.

One question though. I have a client that is using K2 as a type of "blog", and it works perfect for the basic upload and the single image upload, however he has a hard time with the image gallery. I have explained no spaces, all lower case and no funky characters and he was able to sucessfully upload a gallery or two, however this isnt very user friendly to him ..

My question is this, Is there a way to upload say more than 1 image without having to do a zip file ? Either through the regular image upload, maybe by adding another browse field or two or through the image gallery without a zip file ?

I only know a little bit of php and could not tell what files I would even need to edit to make this happen ... Any help is much appreciated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #74048 by Elena
Replied by Elena on topic K2 Image Gallery Alternatives ?
Does anyone has found a solution for this?

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
13 years 2 months ago #74049 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic K2 Image Gallery Alternatives ?
Alternate way is to upload images using the Media Manager or use JCE to upload images to a specific folder and then use the Simple Image Gallery syntax to display it as gallery {gallery}folder/subfolder/othersubfolder{/gallery} or see how the Pro version works here

I, myself prefer the zip image upload version, even if it's just 2 images :D ( Much more faster and easier )

K2 Rocks \m/

More
11 years 7 months ago #74050 by Inceptive
Replied by Inceptive on topic Re: K2 Image Gallery Alternatives ?
You can try Inceptive Image Gallery for K2, which works out of the box with K2 items and provides an easy way to add multiple images to K2 items.

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/k2-extensions/22293