Keyword

Copying Joomla Articles to K2

More
14 years 8 months ago #74271 by that library
Replied by that library on topic Copying Joomla Articles to K2
Well, I am familiar with phpMyAdmin just fine. But - in my Joomla! site I have a news section with 7 categories (separate from my K2 area) and what I have done is this:

My 'old' library was within a phpBB forum. I had to find a way to port those several hundred entries (with their pdf/mp3 attachments) over into Joomla! articles.

So what I want to do is import ONLY those articles (a specific section/category) into K2. I do not want to import all 500+ articles in my new section and various categories as they are just articles, but the entries in my 'old' library are old books (public domain) and documents/papers, et cetera.

What I'm really trying to find is a way to limit the import function to just ONE section/category from the articles made in Joomla! by making them with a nifty plug-in that grabs via RSS any articles somewhere else and publishes them as articles for you in Joomla.

So does anyone know anything I can do in the coding to delineate that, or limit it, or make it so I can choose which section/category to import from?

Any help would be appreciated!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #74272 by Renee Johnson
Replied by Renee Johnson on topic Copying Joomla Articles to K2
This import tool won't import "Archived" joomla articles, so I was able to import only the categories/sections I wanted into K2 by temporarily archiving everything I didn't want imported, running the import tool, then going back to the Joomla articles and unarchiving them. It worked perfectly for me!

Carolyn Harris said:Is there any way to limit the import to a particular section/category? I don't want to import ALL 500+ articles, just ones I delineate...
That would be a big huge help...

More
14 years 8 months ago #74273 by that library
Replied by that library on topic Copying Joomla Articles to K2
Thank you, Renee!! I did that and it worked pretty well, even imported the attachments!

I'm going to post in the feature requests that somewhere in the code that we are given the option to choose from which section/category to import articles. That would be really, really handy for those of us with large sites that are not completely K2-driven.

More
14 years 1 month ago #74274 by Bern Leckie
Replied by Bern Leckie on topic Copying Joomla Articles to K2
Is there a way this process could be done regularly and automatically, and without getting more than one copy of an article into K2? This would be a way to work around the current limitations of XML-RPC plugins which can get externally sourced content into a Joomla category, but not into K2 directly.

More
12 years 11 months ago #74275 by Pedro Ascenso
Replied by Pedro Ascenso on topic Copying Joomla Articles to K2
Hello, strange this boton does not appear on my dashboard can you tell me why?

Regards Christina Cherry said:

Thanks - took me a while to find it!
Mihael Fugaj said:

:)