Keyword

Itemid on mod_k2_content is not appended

• Augusto Pissarra
  • Augusto Pissarra's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 11 months ago #74354 by Augusto Pissarra
Itemid on mod_k2_content is not appended was created by Augusto Pissarra
I am using mod_k2_content to show just a list of the latest blog entries on my site. If I go to my blog (Interatividade->Blog) and click on one of the news, it correctly appends the Itemid and mantain all modules according to the Itemid.

If I move to any other page (say the homepage), K2 does not append the Itemid.

I would like to understand the behaviour of the module.

What I would like the hehaviour to be, is to always use the Itemid of the Blog Menu.

Is this possible?

You can take a look at the site I am developing: www.vintagemarketing.com.br/bt.

Augusto Pissarra
www.vintagemarketing.co.uk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Augusto Pissarra
More
14 years 11 months ago #74355 by Augusto Pissarra
Replied by Augusto Pissarra on topic Itemid on mod_k2_content is not appended
Well, I guess I will have to dig into the code myself and figure it out.... Just thought I could get some insights so to save a bunch of ours trying to figure this out.

I will keep all posted with my finding... In the future it may help someone.

Augusto Pissarra
www.vintagemarketing.co.uk

• Augusto Pissarra
More
14 years 10 months ago #74356 by Augusto Pissarra
Well, just found the solution myself.... anyone interested on the solution, let me know!

• olsen
  • Elite Member
  • Joomla and K2 Freelancer
More
14 years 10 months ago #74357 by olsen
Replied by olsen on topic Itemid on mod_k2_content is not appended
Yeah, Augusto, please can you explain what did you do?

rgds

Didn't solve your issues?? Why dont you consider hire me? Email me or contact me www.xevedigital.com for details

• Augusto Pissarra
More
14 years 10 months ago #74358 by Augusto Pissarra
Well, basically (after going through the code, since there is no help around), I found out that if you select a menu item to go to your top K2 Category (with subcategories), and do NOT select all the subcategories in the menu option, if the item in your module is in one of the subcategories, than i will not find the itemid, since the itemid relates ONLY to the top category.

So, assuming this is an usage issue, and not a bug, I just selected the subcategories and the top category, and then the code understands that it belongs to that specific itemid in the menu, that was assigned to the top category.

Let me know if you understood or if you have any other doubt.

olsen said:Yeah, Augusto, please can you explain what did you do?
rgds

More
14 years 9 months ago #74359 by Domfitty
Replied by Domfitty on topic Itemid on mod_k2_content is not appended
I've got the same problem here:

www.corodiocesidiroma.com/portal

(Articoli section).

In the module options i selected only 1 category, but i don't have the correct "itemid".

More
14 years 7 months ago #74360 by Andrew Holden
Replied by Andrew Holden on topic Itemid on mod_k2_content is not appended
Augusto - Thanks very much for posting your solution to the K2-->Content Module-->ItemID Isssue.

I was having the same problem with a similar K2-Compatible Module (MicroBlog by Joomla Bamboo). I can now see the menu-assigned modules, appearing next to the K2 Articles that are linked to, from the 'Latest News'.

- HC

More
14 years 6 months ago #74361 by Dean Ostergaard
Replied by Dean Ostergaard on topic Itemid on mod_k2_content is not appended
Augusto Pissarra said:Let me know if you understood or if you have any other doubt.

I read this and it seemed promising, but alas, I am not sure I understand your solution. I am using the mod_k2_content to pull in a list of k2 item titles and intro to a regular Joomla Article. The link created for the titles in this list do not contain the itemid. So, when a user clicks they go to a page with the wrong template and thus the wrong modules and positions. I found no parameter to assign the menu or itemid in the mod_k2_content module.

I am guessing you are creating a menu of type k2->categories and that is where you fixed your problem. That won't work for me, unfortunately.

More
14 years 6 months ago #74362 by Andrew Holden
Replied by Andrew Holden on topic Itemid on mod_k2_content is not appended
Dean, your guess is right - it was for a category display.

However, there are a couple of tactics I could suggest:

(1) Try JoomlaBamboo Microblog which is K2-compatible. Just double-check to make sure that the categories are setup up properly (all selected in the menu item parameters). If you don't have a category menu item, try creating one and 'hiding' it at the footer, etc, if you need to. It may (effectively) pass on the ID you need to assign to the module.

(2) I suppose you could do a template override for K2, appending the menu ID that you need via some PHP coding. That said, the solution above might be easier to do.

Hope that's helpful.

HC

More
14 years 6 months ago #74363 by Dean Ostergaard
Replied by Dean Ostergaard on topic Itemid on mod_k2_content is not appended
Thanks Andrew,

I was actually following the route in your suggestion #2 when Augusto's description of his solution gave me an idea. What I had to do was move the articles from the core Joomla CMS and create them as items in K2 then change my menu type from Articles >> Article to K2 >> Items / Item. (This comes at the expense of some style issues with tables and borders but for now I'd rather deal with those than having the wrong template applied.)

Apparently K2's RouterHelper and router.php is pretty specific to K2 constructs and won't pick up all of the URL pieces from a non-K2 URL. If I had time I'd try to fix it but right now I am under pressure to get this site launched.

Thanks,
Dean