Keyword

Fatal error: Call to undefined function mb_internal_encoding() in /home2/viewme/public_html/administrator/components/com_k2/tables/k2category.php on line 46

• View Me
  • View Me's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 11 months ago #74547 by View Me
I am getting this error when trying to start importing jommla articles or creating a catagory for K2, Can anyone advise what I should do. Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 11 months ago #74548 by Augusto Pissarra
Have you enabled (or compiled) mbstring into your PHP? Go to php.ini and check it.

Augusto Pissarra
www.vintagemarketing.co.uk

• View Me
  • View Me's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 11 months ago #74549 by View Me
Hi Augusto,
Thank you for your reply. I am not sure what you mean. On line 46 i have the following " mb_internal_encoding("UTF-8"); "
Patrick.

Augusto Pissarra said:Have you enabled (or compiled) mbstring into your PHP? Go to php.ini and check it.
Augusto Pissarra

More
14 years 10 months ago #74550 by Augusto Pissarra
Hope you found a solution to your problem.

What I had to do is to compile mb_internal_encoding into my php. You can ask for your service provider.

Augusto Pissarra

View Me said:Hi Augusto, Thank you for your reply. I am not sure what you mean. On line 46 i have the following " mb_internal_encoding("UTF-8"); "
Patrick.

Augusto Pissarra said:Have you enabled (or compiled) mbstring into your PHP? Go to php.ini and check it. Augusto Pissarra

More
14 years 5 months ago #74551 by Khalid Hamadeh
Well, If you have root access to your server all you do is run the following and re-compile php and add mbstring, if you don't you can ask your server administrator to do that for you, it should not take more than 20 minutes to do.

Khalid Hamadeh
www.seomagnet.co.uk

More
14 years 2 months ago #74552 by Toryalai Hart
I have root access but in my WHM, at first view nothing listed; when I go into the advanced settings, lost of stuff to tweak but I don't see what exactly to tweak based on the above conversation thread.

Multibyte String mbstring.detect_order auto **DEFAULT**, Click to Edit
Multibyte String mbstring.encoding_translation OffOnOff **DEFAULT**, Click to Edit
Multibyte String mbstring.func_overload 0 **DEFAULT**, Click to Edit
Multibyte String mbstring.http_input auto **DEFAULT**, Click to Edit
Multibyte String mbstring.http_output SJIS **DEFAULT**, Click to Edit
Multibyte String mbstring.internal_encoding EUC-JP **DEFAULT**, Click to Edit
Multibyte String mbstring.language Japanese **DEFAULT**, Click to Edit
Multibyte String mbstring.substitute_character none **DEFAULT**, Click to Edit

Would very much appreciate a pointer :)

Thanks!

Khalid Hamadeh said:Well, If you have root access to your server all you do is run the following and re-compile php and add mbstring, if you don't you can ask your server administrator to do that for you, it should not take more than 20 minutes to do.
Khalid Hamadeh
www.seomagnet.co.uk

More
14 years 2 months ago #74553 by Toryalai Hart
nevermind - noob on learning curve but got it. Had to go through Easy Apache in the WHM, and eventually I found the checkbox to include mbstring in the rebuild.

More
14 years 2 months ago #74554 by Toryalai Hart
I also found this entry on a roktab thread on the rocketthemes forums:

www.rockettheme.com/forum/index.php?f=15&t=89664&rb_v=viewtopic

"Re: K2 Category Issue
Postby Patrickb on Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:56 pm
Well I found out that it was indeed a K2 problem. Apparently when configuring a "Category" you have to select a template and there is a drop down menu but the only selection available is highlighted as "Default". It was reading the forums when I found that you have to create a new folder in the same directory and copy the contents of default templates and rename file my templates. Then you can choose it when you create a category."

So perhaps the php rebuild with mbstring wasn't a requirement after all?

More
13 years 10 months ago #74555 by Troy Thomas
I tried this fix and it seems like my server is really super slow now.

How can i reverse it?

Also, i had this all working perfect right before a server move THEN i got this error when accessing K2.

Any particular reason going from 1 server 2 another (neither having had mb_internal_encoding in the first place) would cause this error to appear?

More
13 years 10 months ago #74556 by jfreeze
I also had to recompile my apache using EasyApache to include the mb_string option. I would guess that the people running into this option are on dedicated servers or something like that, most good hosts will already have this compiled into PHP. But thanks for the heads up Toryalai, it was actually pretty easy once I found EasyApache.

James