Keyword

joominspiration.com (Joomla! showcase gallery)

• Albert
  • Albert's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 10 months ago #75080 by Albert
www.joominspiration.com is a Joomla showcase gallery. I also have a small blog.

Template
I'm using Rockettheme Nexus with customized header, and menu. It took me long because I have two styles; Dark and light.

k2
I have at least 4 templates: 1 frontpage showcase, 2 detail showcase, 1 blog category, 1 detail blog. The modules also have their own templates.

Comments
I added Disqus commenting, and when in category view, you can see the comment anchor.

What makes this different from the official joomla showcase?
1. Not general sites here. Only the good ones with either a good design, or good development will be accepeted.
2. Search by colors
3. Better category structure. A web company can put in "Business" category and be tagged with "webdesign" "consulting" "business". Users still can't choose yet, but I'm working on that. These keeps tagging less messy.
4. Better previews in RSS feed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #75081 by ironmankho
Replied by ironmankho on topic joominspiration.com (Joomla! showcase gallery)
nice work and nice idea ..before this i can't imagine the power of k2..... if you not post here ....i never know about this .... Good luck

• Albert
  • Albert's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #75082 by Albert
Joominspiration.com is back to using K2.  Joominspiration is using Hybrid template by Rockettheme with some customization.

+bigger images

+now showcasing templates

I used jSeblod for a while, but I ran into some problems and in the end I went back to using K2.  Another reason is that K2 has new features that I need that weren't in V1.