Keyword

Modules ItemID and "timeouts"

• Magnus
  • Magnus's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 10 months ago #75354 by Magnus
Modules ItemID and "timeouts" was created by Magnus
I have been running K2 for a while now, and have noticed a few things as I go, just smaller items though..

1. I use several instances of K2 Content module to display content from various categories. But it does not add correct itemID to the links. Is it possible to force them to use (different) itemID? Just want the correct modules appearing for the different categories.

2. I am noticing that when submitting from the front end I get "timeouts". Have been in various formats, 1 time I got invalid token, but usually it is a white page when I press save. How can I increase the session lifetime? Or is it dependent on the global configuration?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Magnus
More
14 years 10 months ago #75355 by Magnus
Replied by Magnus on topic Modules ItemID and "timeouts"
Figured out the first one, just had to create menu items for the sub categories as well as the top category, and then purge SEF urls.

• olsen
  • Elite Member
  • Joomla and K2 Freelancer
More
14 years 10 months ago #75356 by olsen
Replied by olsen on topic Modules ItemID and "timeouts"
sesion time usually its controlled over joomla configuration panel and mysql DB.... Just change that value on the joomla CP.

Didn't solve your issues?? Why dont you consider hire me? Email me or contact me www.xevedigital.com for details

More
13 years 11 months ago #75357 by Markus Thiel
Replied by Markus Thiel on topic Modules ItemID and "timeouts"
What do you meen by that?.. the itemid should be inherited by a parent category.. the same way it works if you click down to the k2 item via the component and not the module :P

olsen said:sesion time usually its controlled over joomla configuration panel and mysql DB.... Just change that value on the joomla CP.

• Magnus
More
13 years 11 months ago #75358 by Magnus
Replied by Magnus on topic Modules ItemID and "timeouts"
I think he meant that sessions are handled by Joomla. I already figured out the itemID issue; all sub categories needs an itemID for the modules etc to work correctly, otherwise Joomla assumes Home page itemID for sub categories.

Been a while since I used J! and K2, but that was how it was when I used it.

Markus Thiel said:What do you meen by that?.. the itemid should be inherited by a parent category.. the same way it works if you click down to the k2 item via the component and not the module :P
olsen said:sesion time usually its controlled over joomla configuration panel and mysql DB.... Just change that value on the joomla CP.