Keyword

creat thumbnail by width and height. you can input height value on K2 control center

More
13 years 4 months ago #75430 by BBC
Here is how to resize images by width and height, but images (portret and lanscape) will keep ratio/proportions.

And images in Blog layout will allways have same dimensions in px (for instance, all images will be 150 px width X 100px height.)

Just tested and it works perfectly.

Decide width and height in px, then new thing is background-color for part of image block that is over.

So, black color will be top-bottom or left-right, in relation to pictures, depending if you have landscape or some picture with great height. (you can use any color you want)

And chose everything below to suit your needs (tex,S,L,XL)

//Medium image                $handle->image_resize = true;                $handle->image_ratio = true;                $handle->image_convert = 'jpg';                $handle->image_ratio_fill = true;                $handle->image_background_color = '#000000';                $handle->jpeg_quality = $params->get('imagesQuality');                $handle->file_auto_rename = false;                $handle->file_overwrite = true;                $handle->file_new_name_body = $filename.'_M';                if (JRequest::getInt('itemImageM')) {        $imageWidth = JRequest::getInt('itemImageM');        } else {        $imageWidth = $params->get('itemImageM', '100');        }        if (JRequest::getInt('itemImageM_Height')) {        $imageHeight = JRequest::getInt('itemImageM_Height');        } else {        $imageHeight = $params->get('itemImageM_Height', '115');        }        $handle->image_x = $imageWidth;        $handle->image_y = $imageHeight;        $handle->Process($savepath);

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #75431 by BBC
If it could be some way to override class.upload in K2 Admin.

www.verot.net/php_class_upload_docs.htm

Amazing what you can achieve with this.

But, you have only 5 shots.

More
13 years 4 months ago #75432 by juju
Thanks, but where did I put that code ?

So, your code could be repeated with different px value for each format (S, L, XL...) ?

I don't really understand why did you put a color background, your code don't crop the image so it fills the space ?

Thanks again ;)

More
13 years 4 months ago #75433 by BBC
Sorry, it is

administrator/components/com_k2/models/item.php

Be carefull with this. You need to be sure that this tweak is not used ( XS, S,XL,M,L ) for some Category where you don´t want it this way.

More
13 years 4 months ago #75434 by BBC
You can use this code for any type of images (all 5 - XS, XL, S, M, L). Just adapt it as you wish.

If you dont use $handle->image_background_color = '#000000';  then default color is white. It is up to you to decide.

More
13 years 4 months ago #75435 by juju
Ok ;)

But I don't really understand.

If I have an image : 300px * 450px

I want to have a full thumbnail (no black stripes...) of size 200px * 100px.

Your script can do it ?

Thanks ;) 

More
13 years 4 months ago #75436 by BBC
You can have same color as your template background. (white, or some else)

Your picture, doesn´t matter if it is landscape od portrait, will allways be centered in image block.

It wont lose proportions.

If you don´t understand. You can have same thumbs in Category blog in pixels (remember borders ?), and still don´t lose proportions and ratio for tex portrait of Barack Obama and for some panorama picture.

More
13 years 4 months ago #75437 by BBC
Height is key here. Your pictures wont lose proportions and wont decide height in px.

And you have whole picture naturally, not cropped from center or similar.

More
13 years 4 months ago #75438 by juju
So your script do that :

I'm wrong ?

More
13 years 4 months ago #75439 by BBC
Yes, like this. This would be default, white background. There is not some portrait picture there, but principle it like this.

I chosed black because i find it more elegant sometimes.