Keyword

K2 Module to Link Buttons to Forms on all Item Pages

• philip locke
  • philip locke's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 10 months ago #75468 by philip locke
Hi All

Required by a client... but thought this might be of use (or parts of it) to others using K2.

Administration

Give availability for 10 different buttons.
Each button has the following parameters:
...Enable this Button - yes/no
...Form Name - title/name of ChronoForms form to link to
...on Image - hover image
...off image - off state image

ChronoForms

[see attached txt file]

Frontend

Whats happens in the frontent is the K2 item title gets appended to:
1) the H1 title in the form at the top
2) a hidden value passed via the form
3) the url grabs the K2 item title

The clients requirements
To use one module and the same buttons (that link to forms) in every item page, that has to post variables/details to an in-house CRM system for the item page that it came from. For the client, a “conversion” was when someone provides their contact information to them through a form which is on their site and they had to report on this from the CRM. The form passes details of the form posted and the page it came from, hence the code in the chronoform.

May help someone or provide something that can be edited.

cheers
Phil
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #75469 by Emily Pearce
Replied by Emily Pearce on topic K2 Module to Link Buttons to Forms on all Item Pages
Hi Phil

We run a small walking tour website and before users download a pdf tour itinerary (via the k2 attachments field) we want to collect their name and email, and have this information sent to the site admin along with the name of the tour page they were looking at (or the name of the itinerary they were downloading). Do you think you module above might allow me to achieve this?? Do you have a link to a site it's being used on so i can see it in action?

Thanks so much.
Emily

• philip locke
  • philip locke's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 10 months ago #75470 by philip locke
Replied by philip locke on topic K2 Module to Link Buttons to Forms on all Item Pages
Hi Emily

Yes... this can be achieved with this module & ChronoForms ( a small addition to the PHP in ChronoForms).

Can you send me your email address - as the website this is going to be used on is not live yet & is 'work in progress', so not for public viewing. Once emailed, I will email you the staging server URL to view...

My email - This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

cheers
Phil

More
14 years 8 months ago #75471 by Manny Santos
Replied by Manny Santos on topic K2 Module to Link Buttons to Forms on all Item Pages
I tried it as a module and it worked fine. Tried using is in a k2 article as "{loadposition xxx}, it picks up the category name instead.

Any chance on making it work with Breezing form "quick mode" ? if so, how much would you charge.

This is the only missing piece to finish a client's site. Trips are listed as k2 articles and I need to have a button which adds the trip "article" title and passes the parameter to the Breezing Form for booking. It would be awesome to put it in the item-php file in my custom k2 component template to generate the button everytime a trip is created without my client trying to enter code and mess the site up.

More
14 years 8 months ago #75472 by Joachim Ljungquist
Replied by Joachim Ljungquist on topic K2 Module to Link Buttons to Forms on all Item Pages
Thanks for you contribution with the K2 to form button. Seems great - but I have a small problem implementing it...
I have K2 and ChronoForms V3.1 RC5.5 installed, but I can't find what file to put your code into.
I'd also like to know WHERE in that file should the code be?

(Below is the info in the txt)

Code to be placed in form html:

...((and then shown two code-snippets not allowed to post here))...

Would be very glad if someone could help me...

Best regards

Joachim Ljungquist

More
14 years 7 months ago #75473 by Joachim Ljungquist
Replied by Joachim Ljungquist on topic K2 Module to Link Buttons to Forms on all Item Pages
Anyone? Please...

More
13 years 11 months ago #75474 by Acimar Rocha
Replied by Acimar Rocha on topic K2 Module to Link Buttons to Forms on all Item Pages
Hi Phil,

I want to test your module, but I can´t download the zip file "mod_ancoris_buttons.zip". The page is only redirected to other. Why?

Regards.

Acimar.

More
13 years 11 months ago #75475 by housler98
Acimar,

mouseover and right click, save link as...

it then downloads to your computer.

JRGWeb

More
13 years 11 months ago #75476 by Acimar Rocha
Replied by Acimar Rocha on topic K2 Module to Link Buttons to Forms on all Item Pages
I do not believe, How simple is that...

Thank you very much JRGWeb!

Acimar.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #75477 by gopinathan
hi philip,

I have used your module mod_ancoris. I would like to know how to insert the module position in k2 component items view page. I  know that we can place the module position in every k2 items. like {loadposition modulepostiionname}. Please tell me how place the module in k2 item view page like booknow button. i need it in dynamic.