Keyword

Favorite Item Module - Freelancer to do it faster?

• Different Color
  • Different Color's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 10 months ago #75652 by Different Color
I think a favorite items extension is critical. There are handful out there for Joomla - and I've tried them all with K2. Either there is a script conflict or the extension is meant to work with Joomla Core articles and not K2.

People are using this for product catalogs - so it stands to reason being able to save a list of 'favorites' would be extremely helpful! Like a 'basket' of favorites either saved to a separate page or just in the module itself.

I know of a few extensions out there that could possibly be tweaked to work with K2. Is someone out there savvy enough to do it and interested in being paid to get this concept off the ground quickly?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #75653 by Andreas Renberg
Replied by Andreas Renberg on topic Favorite Item Module - Freelancer to do it faster?
This is wonderful! It's just what I finished working on for a client. :)

Does anyone still have any use for this? I'm going to have to check with my client if I'm allowed to share the code. I'm not sure if he considers to have bought the code or the time spent working on the code, but he's pretty flexible, so it should work out.

Hm... Now, should charge for this code, or release it free?

If the client is OK with it, I think I'll release his version for free (tidied up a bit, and translated from Swedish to English), and I'll charge people $30-$40 or so to modify this version to fit their website's needs.

I'll keep an eye on this thread, and if I see any "rebumps" or requests, I'll go ahead and post the code on my site and put the link in here (is that alright with the mods?)

• Different Color
  • Different Color's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 9 months ago #75654 by Different Color
Replied by Different Color on topic Favorite Item Module - Freelancer to do it faster?
I'm sure it's alright to post your code here - and links to it. There is aeven a specific forum here to post plugins and extensions.

I found something that worked - but something better would be great! Not sure if there is a big demand for this type of thing - but I would think there would be. It seems like a must for product catalogs, tutorial sites, etc...

martha

Andreas Renberg said:This is wonderful! It's just what I finished working on for a client. :)
Does anyone still have any use for this? I'm going to have to check with my client if I'm allowed to share the code. I'm not sure if he considers to have bought the code or the time spent working on the code, but he's pretty flexible, so it should work out.

Hm... Now, should charge for this code, or release it free?

If the client is OK with it, I think I'll release his version for free (tidied up a bit, and translated from Swedish to English), and I'll charge people $30-$40 or so to modify this version to fit their website's needs.

I'll keep an eye on this thread, and if I see any "rebumps" or requests, I'll go ahead and post the code on my site and put the link in here (is that alright with the mods?)

More
14 years 4 months ago #75655 by sigpro_firsttry
Replied by sigpro_firsttry on topic Favorite Item Module - Freelancer to do it faster?
Dear Andreas,

do you have any news for us regarding the "favorite item/article" code?

As i lost half of the day with research about this, you are my last hope.
Of course i am willing to pay/ donate.

Thanks!

More
14 years 4 months ago #75656 by Nick
bump! I need this as well :D

More
14 years 4 months ago #75657 by Mark Banks
Have asked Weblogix if they would look into this - they developed K2 Store.
;-)

More
14 years 4 months ago #75658 by Andreas Renberg
Replied by Andreas Renberg on topic Favorite Item Module - Freelancer to do it faster?
Greetings all!

This is the FIRST DRAFT of the project, with the code taken DIRECTLY from its previous use. I will try to get the necessary translations up, but if you are in a hurry to get this working on your site, for $40 USD, I will do all the installation and translation for you. If you have any other "wants" for the project, I can implement those as well. For further details, leave a comment on my website (iqandreas.isbetterthanyou.org/) or send me an email.

More information can be found on my blog:
iqandreas.blogspot.com/2010/06/joomla-k2-favorite-item-manager.html

It is a very simply system, but if anyone has any suggestions for how to improve it, just say so.

If you guys like reading code, I apologize for making some of you cry when seeing it. ;) I am an ActionScript developer, but back in January I had just started learning PHP to fill a need. Despite the two languages being so similar, the way you are supposed to structure code etc can be quite different.

The first translations should be done by the middle of next week, along with some code improvements.

Cheers,
Andreas
iqandreas.blogspot.com/

• Markus
  • Visitor
14 years 4 months ago #75659 by Markus
Hi,

thx Andreas. But there are some "probs" in your code: com_planeringsverktyg ??? it should be com_k2,or?

More
14 years 4 months ago #75660 by Andreas Renberg
Okay, translations plus major modifications are up and ready!
iqandreas.blogspot.com/2010/06/joomla-k2-favorites-plugin-translated.html

As mentioned before, for those of you who have better things to do with their time, for $30, I will upload and make all changes directly to the server, so you don't have to worry about anything, including any wanted customization such as special text, CSS formatting, etc. If you have any other "wants" for the project, I can implement those as well.

Cheers,
Andreas
iqandreas.blogspot.com/

More
14 years 4 months ago #75661 by Andreas Renberg
Markus said:Hi,
thx Andreas. But there are some "probs" in your code: com_planeringsverktyg ??? it should be com_k2,or?

Yep, as I said, that was just a direct copy from my original code so it can be used as soon as possible for those of you in a hurry to get this.

However, now it is all fixed and ready!
iqandreas.blogspot.com/2010/06/joomla-k2-favorites-plugin-translated.html

Do you have any further questions or suggestions? I'd be happy to hear them and implement them!

Andreas