Keyword

Display RSS feeds in K2 article

• cwdesign
  • cwdesign's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 9 months ago #75882 by cwdesign
Display RSS feeds in K2 article was created by cwdesign
I am looking for a way to display rss feeds inside a K2 article (item). Does anyone know if the JEZ Arguo module would do that if I embedded it using something like "modules anywhere"? I have tried embedding a couple other rss modules but they did not work in the K2 article. Thanks. Roy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #75883 by philip locke
Replied by philip locke on topic Display RSS feeds in K2 article
Hi Roy

I see no reason why it shouldn't work... you may need to play with the K2 item template a bit.

I'd be interested to hear how you get on :)

cheers
Phil

• cwdesign
More
14 years 9 months ago #75884 by cwdesign
Replied by cwdesign on topic Display RSS feeds in K2 article
Thanks Phil - Will give it a try and keep you posted. Roy

philip Locke said:Hi Roy
I see no reason why it shouldn't work... you may need to play with the K2 item template a bit.

I'd be interested to hear how you get on :)

cheers
Phil

• cwdesign
More
14 years 9 months ago #75885 by cwdesign
Hi Phil,

Unfortunately I got side tracked on another website and have not had a chance to get back to the rss problem. Hope to get back to that project next week. Will keep you posted on what I find out. Thanks for asking. Roy

More
14 years 7 months ago #75886 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Display RSS feeds in K2 article
Hi Roy,

Just wondered if you had any joy with the RSS in K2 items?

Regards,

K2Joom

Roy Kastning said:Hi Phil,
Unfortunately I got side tracked on another website and have not had a chance to get back to the rss problem. Hope to get back to that project next week. Will keep you posted on what I find out. Thanks for asking. Roy

• cwdesign
More
14 years 7 months ago #75887 by cwdesign
Hi K2Joom,

No - I never was able to get RSS feeds inside the K2 articles. But to be honest I did not pursue it all that far. I was having trouble with K2 and the template I am using and gave up on K2 for the moment. I just have not had time to work through all the issues. If I ever do find a solution I will certainly post it on the forum. Most likely someone much more talented than I am in this area will figure it out. Thanks. Roy

K2Joom said:Hi Roy,
Just wondered if you had any joy with the RSS in K2 items?

Regards,

K2Joom

Roy Kastning said:Hi Phil, Unfortunately I got side tracked on another website and have not had a chance to get back to the rss problem. Hope to get back to that project next week. Will keep you posted on what I find out. Thanks for asking. Roy

More
14 years 7 months ago #75888 by Simon Wells
I understand.

I would consider revisiting K2, now that V2.2 has been released.
If you need any help with templating K2, we have some guides over at K2Joom.com

Have a good one.

Simon

K2Joom.com

Roy Kastning said:Hi K2Joom,
No - I never was able to get RSS feeds inside the K2 articles. But to be honest I did not pursue it all that far. I was having trouble with K2 and the template I am using and gave up on K2 for the moment. I just have not had time to work through all the issues. If I ever do find a solution I will certainly post it on the forum. Most likely someone much more talented than I am in this area will figure it out. Thanks. Roy

K2Joom said:Hi Roy, Just wondered if you had any joy with the RSS in K2 items?

Regards,

K2Joom

Roy Kastning said:Hi Phil, Unfortunately I got side tracked on another website and have not had a chance to get back to the rss problem. Hope to get back to that project next week. Will keep you posted on what I find out. Thanks for asking. Roy

• cwdesign
More
14 years 7 months ago #75889 by cwdesign
Thank-you Simon. I will look at the info you have on your website. Let me ask you this if I may. After installing K2 should normal Joomla content still show up? After installing K2 all my other content disappeared. I am using a JoomlaPraise template which seems to be a solid template. Probably a change in template would help, but it is a lot of work to change a template and reconfigure all the module positions. Anyway - thank-you again and I will check out your info on templates.

K2Joom said:I understand.
I would consider revisiting K2, now that V2.2 has been released.

Have a good one.

Simon

K2Joom.com

Roy Kastning said:Hi K2Joom, No - I never was able to get RSS feeds inside the K2 articles. But to be honest I did not pursue it all that far. I was having trouble with K2 and the template I am using and gave up on K2 for the moment. I just have not had time to work through all the issues. If I ever do find a solution I will certainly post it on the forum. Most likely someone much more talented than I am in this area will figure it out. Thanks. Roy

K2Joom said:Hi Roy, Just wondered if you had any joy with the RSS in K2 items?
Regards,

K2Joom

More
14 years 7 months ago #75890 by Simon Wells
When you install K2, nothing changes to your Joomla content, everything should work exactly the same.
Nothing will change until you either import your Joomla Content to K2 Items, or create new K2 items, then create new Menu Items to point to the K2 content.

You can of course run Joomla articles, with K2 modules published in suitable module positions, but you might as well make use of the extras of k2.

Any questions, ask away.

Simon

Roy Kastning said:Thank-you Simon. I will look at the info you have on your website. Let me ask you this if I may. After installing K2 should normal Joomla content still show up? After installing K2 all my other content disappeared. I am using a JoomlaPraise template which seems to be a solid template. Probably a change in template would help, but it is a lot of work to change a template and reconfigure all the module positions. Anyway - thank-you again and I will check out your info on templates.
K2Joom said:I understand. I would consider revisiting K2, now that V2.2 has been released.

Have a good one.

Simon

K2Joom.com

Roy Kastning said:Hi K2Joom, No - I never was able to get RSS feeds inside the K2 articles. But to be honest I did not pursue it all that far. I was having trouble with K2 and the template I am using and gave up on K2 for the moment. I just have not had time to work through all the issues. If I ever do find a solution I will certainly post it on the forum. Most likely someone much more talented than I am in this area will figure it out. Thanks. Roy
K2Joom said:Hi Roy, Just wondered if you had any joy with the RSS in K2 items? Regards,

K2Joom

• cwdesign
More
14 years 7 months ago #75891 by cwdesign
Simon, I just looked at your website and there is a lot of good information there. I look forward to looking through it in depth. I remember now what the main issue was for me and K2. It was that with the template I am using all content including the K2 content disappeared - headers and side modules showed up but just white where the articles should be. This only occurred in IE6. My feeling is that it is high time to leave IE6 behind. Ironically my client is using some ancient server software and their IT guy says they can only run IE6 or FF in a 16 bit mode. Of course the client does not understand that he is in a very small majority that still use IE6. Anyway, until they can afford to upgrade their servers I will be stuck pleasing him. I have a new project with a new client coming up and plan on trying K2 again with a fresh template and no support for ie6. Thank-you for talking with me and good to know your support is available. Thanks again. Roy

K2Joom said:When you install K2, nothing changes to your Joomla content, everything should work exactly the same. Nothing will change until you either import your Joomla Content to K2 Items, or create new K2 items, then create new Menu Items to point to the K2 content.

You can of course run Joomla articles, with K2 modules published in suitable module positions, but you might as well make use of the extras of k2.

Any questions, ask away.

Simon

Roy Kastning said:Thank-you Simon. I will look at the info you have on your website. Let me ask you this if I may. After installing K2 should normal Joomla content still show up? After installing K2 all my other content disappeared. I am using a JoomlaPraise template which seems to be a solid template. Probably a change in template would help, but it is a lot of work to change a template and reconfigure all the module positions. Anyway - thank-you again and I will check out your info on templates. K2Joom said:I understand. I would consider revisiting K2, now that V2.2 has been released. If you need any help with templating K2, we have some guides over at K2Joom.com

Have a good one.

Simon

K2Joom.com

Roy Kastning said:Hi K2Joom, No - I never was able to get RSS feeds inside the K2 articles. But to be honest I did not pursue it all that far. I was having trouble with K2 and the template I am using and gave up on K2 for the moment. I just have not had time to work through all the issues. If I ever do find a solution I will certainly post it on the forum. Most likely someone much more talented than I am in this area will figure it out. Thanks. Roy K2Joom said:Hi Roy, Just wondered if you had any joy with the RSS in K2 items? Regards,
K2Joom