Keyword

Changing Image Size Parameters - No Effect?

• Different Color
  • Different Color's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 9 months ago #76032 by Different Color
Changing Image Size Parameters - No Effect? was created by Different Color
I've tried changing the image size parameters in both the main parameters window and then in the category settings. It does not affect already existing Items. They maintain the original default image size. Is this a bug or am I supposed to go back through dozens of items and reupload images to be the new size?

Martha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #76033 by Andrew Pearce
Replied by Andrew Pearce on topic Changing Image Size Parameters - No Effect?
I'm just a beginner with k2, but I don't think it will reprocess the images because it is done in the upload. You could ftp them into the media/k2/items/cache/ but they would need the same name.

More
14 years 7 months ago #76034 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Changing Image Size Parameters - No Effect?
Hi. K2 does not reprocess all images when you change image size settings. This could be deadly for sites with large content. Instead of this K2 takes cares about new dimensions using HTML and CSS resizing. So if you are working on the latest K2 version and you have the default template files then you will see your images resized after you change the setting.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Different Color
  • Different Color's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 7 months ago #76035 by Different Color
Replied by Different Color on topic Changing Image Size Parameters - No Effect?
this is definitely deadly for me! I have hundreds of items - and after loading up all my content, I wanted to change the size of the main image to make more room for other stuff in my template. I ended up just leaving it like it was and not modifying my template because it would take WAY TOO MUCH TIME.

As I understood your reply - it DOES NOT change the image size... because it doesn't in practice - but it's supposed to?

Martha

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. K2 does not reprocess all images when you change image size settings. This could be deadly for sites with large content. Instead of this K2 takes cares about new dimensions using HTML and CSS resizing. So if you are working on the latest K2 version and you have the default template files then you will see your images resized after you change the setting.

More
14 years 6 months ago #76036 by lynton
Replied by lynton on topic Changing Image Size Parameters - No Effect?
Hi Lefteris, I just hit this issue too, the trouble with this solution is that the html/css resizing is a poor substitute for the real resizing of the image. During development if you want to change your default dimensions then there is no way to get K2 to resize all your images instead leaving you with the lesser quality html resizing. There was a patch I saw last september that would check if the images existed in the cache and recreate them if missing. This allowed you to delete any images you wanted from the cache (or even the entire cache) and then they would be resized. This seems a good solution as images are only resized if they are missing, in which case its necessary anyway. Could this be included perhaps ?

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. K2 does not reprocess all images when you change image size settings. This could be deadly for sites with large content. Instead of this K2 takes cares about new dimensions using HTML and CSS resizing. So if you are working on the latest K2 version and you have the default template files then you will see your images resized after you change the setting.