Keyword

Module location after click

• Lee Moss
  • Lee Moss's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 9 months ago #76175 by Lee Moss
Module location after click was created by Lee Moss
Hi,

I need to know if i can set up a page where when you click on an article (read more... etc) and that particular article will open up in the page in question. Confusing to explain. I can't find any similar posts on here.

The problem is I have the main K2 component on the home page and the module also (so I can you different backgrounds on the secondary articles). The problem is that when you click on the component article it stay on the home page link with the module articles at the bottom of the article(this I can live with). When you click on the module positons from the home page it takes you to some random page?? the question is where is this page so I can add other modules to it?

Any help would be muchos appreciated.

Thanks

Lee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #76176 by David Erickson
Replied by David Erickson on topic Module location after click
Did this question get answered. I would like to define the page that an article opens to depending on the category. IS this possible?

More
14 years 1 week ago #76177 by David R.
Replied by David R. on topic Module location after click
David,
If I understand your question, you can have your own customized K2 templates. Look for some of the other articles that describe how to do this and what to copy from K2 into your template directory. You can associate a template with each category in the K2 category administration. Voila... custom look and feel for category.

More
14 years 1 week ago #76178 by David Erickson
Thanks for the reply, I will check into changing templates to see if this solves my issue.

I my site I use multiple joomla templates, we are a school so our sports pages use a joomla template that is differant form the main school site. Then our Fine Arts section uses another joomla template. But when a site visitor clicks any k2 article the article opens on the front page of joomla which is the wrong template for sports articles and the other issue is that I have modules published on the home / front page that I do not want displayed for someone reading and article.

So my goal is when a visitor clicks an article it does not open on the front page and I can open the athletics catagories on the same joomla template i use for athletics.

If someone from K2 development sees this post, it seems to me that a simple solution would be for each category, allow an option to choose a page that you want the article to open to by choosing a menu item. Similar to how we set the pages that modules display on.

Thanks,
David

More
14 years 1 week ago #76179 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Module location after click
David,

There is some information on templating on simon.getk2.org that might help.

I have done exactly the same configuration for a local youth group.
1 Joomla install and DB, but 2 Joomla templates, 1 set as the primary the 2nd assigned to all the menu items within its own menu.

As I started writing this response its information on how to do this got larger and larger to the extent I thought it worth writing a dedicated guide for it.
I shall be returning with a link to the guide shortly.

Simon
K2Joom

More
14 years 1 week ago #76180 by David Erickson
Thank for the reply. I will wait for the link.

Here is the site I am working on: School Website

Let me know what you think.

More
13 years 11 months ago #76181 by David Erickson
Simon, have you had a chance to publish a guide for opening an article on a specific joomla page?

Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:David,
There is some information on templating on simon.getk2.org that might help.

I have done exactly the same configuration for a local youth group.
1 Joomla install and DB, but 2 Joomla templates, 1 set as the primary the 2nd assigned to all the menu items within its own menu.

As I started writing this response its information on how to do this got larger and larger to the extent I thought it worth writing a dedicated guide for it.
I shall be returning with a link to the guide shortly.

Simon
K2Joom