Keyword

Google Detects Duplicate Titles and Description Meta Tags with K2

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #76226 by badrun badranaya
I have so many duplicated content caused from tag view on the same tag. Because if we view a tag, the url varies depend on where we come from.
mysite/category/itemlist/tag/our_tag
mysite/category/sub-category/itemlist/tag/our_tag
mysite/category/sub-category/sub-category/itemlist/tag/our_tag

I think there should be a way to always make the URL address for tag view to be shortened such like this :
mysite/component/k2/itemlist/tag/our_tag

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 weeks ago #76227 by Lefteris
Hi. There is a way. Make a menu link to that tag.

badrun badranaya said:I have so many duplicated content caused from tag view on the same tag. Because if we view a tag, the url varies depend on where we come from. mysite/category/itemlist/tag/our_tag
mysite/category/sub-category/itemlist/tag/our_tag
mysite/category/sub-category/sub-category/itemlist/tag/our_tag

I think there should be a way to always make the URL address for tag view to be shortened such like this :
mysite/component/k2/itemlist/tag/our_tag

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #76228 by badrun badranaya
Hi Lefteris, thanks for the alternative way you offered.
I just can't do that because too many tags on my site. And increased each day...

Duplication not only on the tag view, it also happened on user view.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #76229 by Andrew Holden
Hi Badrun,

I'd say your best bet is to submit a site map to Google web master tools. It didn't *fully* fix the issue, but it did help a lot with our site.

Alternatively, you could specify a wildcard noindex, nofollow in your site's Robot.txt file, for tag-generated links. Or you could try to modify K2's PHP to describe canonical links for your articles, although I explored that and it seems to be a bit tricky - possibly more trouble than it is worth.

badrun badranaya said:Hi Lefteris, thanks for the alternative way you offered. I just can't do that because too many tags on my site. And increased each day...

Duplication not only on the tag view, it also happened on user view.

More
13 years 10 months ago #76230 by Dumpy Man
Very simple: edit your robots.txt file and add new line : Disallow */itemlist/tag/* the stars are needed

More
13 years 9 months ago #76231 by Minitek.gr
Google is reporting that my site's K2 is creating duplicate title tags and duplicate meta tags, Here is an example -http://bearing.us.com/products/item/19-cylindrical-roller-bearings....http://bearing.us.com/products/item/19-cylindrical-roller-bearings.... I'm not 100% sure this is a bug but if there is a way to fix this, please let me know! Thanks!

You don't need to hack the core files of K2 for this.

Just put this in your robots.txt file:

Disallow: /*/item/*.html?tmpl=component&print=1

More
13 years 7 months ago #76232 by B_Dark

More
13 years 5 months ago #76233 by Russel Nicolaev
Does someone know how to add *NOFOLLOW* to my TAGS in K2. The problem is that I am not using SEF URL on my website, so i am quite confused how to do that in my robotx.txt without mistake. here is a website to take a look www.webcandy.ae Or may be there is other way to fix this issue with duplicated links of tags & content?

Thank you!

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #76234 by fewleh
I had the same problem as Badrun and came across this thread - I think I managed to eliminate all the duplicate urls simply by turning off 'short description' in the itemlist view... in settings. I *THINK* it's better now.

• Konstantinos Patsogiannis
More
10 years 6 months ago #76235 by Konstantinos Patsogiannis
Replied by Konstantinos Patsogiannis on topic Re: Google Detects Duplicate Titles and Description Meta Tags with K2
Hi.

I have a similar problem which causes duplicate content as I can see from webmaster tools.

I want to create couple of Dissalow rules in robots.txt but I do not know the syntax I have to use

These are some examples of my problem (the links with "*" are these I want to be crawled)

/el/elenidis ****
/el/elenidis?tmpl=component&print=1

/el/agapitos ****
/el/agapitos?tmpl=component&print=1

/el/diaskedasi/mpouzoukia-zontanes-skines-thessalonikis/content/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&layout=item&id=271&Itemid=782
/el/mouseio0leukou-purgou ****

I believe the last solution is to add in robots file all the pages one by one

I would be really hapy if someone can help me.
Thank you in advance