Keyword

How to remove Feed link in the head-tag?

• Bruno B
  • Bruno B's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 9 months ago #76425 by Bruno B
Hi,

how do I remove the rss/atom feed link from the head-tag? I'm referring to the button you can blick on your browser to get the rss/atom feeds.
I just want to replace it with a feedburner feed, but I can't figure out, where to do it.

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bruno B
More
14 years 9 months ago #76426 by Bruno B
Replied by Bruno B on topic How to remove Feed link in the head-tag?
No one who could help me, or at least give me a hint in which file I have to change something?

More
14 years 8 months ago #76427 by Vasil Enchev
Replied by Vasil Enchev on topic How to remove Feed link in the head-tag?
hmm go to your components/k2/template/default/generic.php delete lines 26 to 31

More
14 years 8 months ago #76428 by John Wicks
Replied by John Wicks on topic How to remove Feed link in the head-tag?
Umm can't you just go into the K2 Category the item is displaying in and click the "Category view options" and set the RSS feed link to Hide.

Just double check the "Inherit parameter options from category" property. If it's set in the category your changing then you'll have to set that property in the Parent.

Jw

• Bruno B
More
14 years 8 months ago #76429 by Bruno B
Replied by Bruno B on topic How to remove Feed link in the head-tag?
Thanks for the help, but that's not what I'm looking for. I'm sorry for my bad English. ;)

I want to remove the following from the source code:

link href="/news?format=feed&type=rss" rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS 2.0" />
link href="/news?format=feed&type=atom" rel="alternate" type="application/atom+xml" title="Atom 1.0" />

• Alfonso F. Moreno
  • Elite Member
More
13 years 10 months ago #76430 by Alfonso F. Moreno
Replied by Alfonso F. Moreno on topic How to remove Feed link in the head-tag?
Hi Bruno, it's easy just go to the k2 admin panel, to the category you want to eliminate the link and in the tab ¿category watch? (I dont know exactly the name in english, i have it translated to spanish) there are two marks about feeds. One of them its rss fedd icon and th other one feed link. un-mark this last one and there will be no more link in head tag to the feed. I think that its usefull because this link its used by the browsers to show a feed link at right of the web adress, but if you prefer...
I hope this have been usefull

• Warrick Van Den Heever
More
13 years 7 months ago #76431 by Warrick Van Den Heever
Replied by Warrick Van Den Heever on topic How to remove Feed link in the head-tag?
I have tried as above and it still didn't hide the feed. I eventually found you have to disable it in the menus item manager.

Why are there settings here and in Categories? Sorry if I seem a bit slow, shouldn't this setting only all be on the category.

• Warrick Van Den Heever
More
13 years 7 months ago #76432 by Warrick Van Den Heever
Replied by Warrick Van Den Heever on topic How to remove Feed link in the head-tag?
I figured it out if you select more than on category in the menu you must disable the rss feed there otherwise you must do it under category. My dumb! Hey maybe someone else makes the mistake and learns from mine.

Warrick said:

I have tried as above and it still didn't hide the feed. I eventually found you have to disable it in the menus item manager.

Why are there settings here and in Categories? Sorry if I seem a bit slow, shouldn't this setting only all be on the category.