Keyword

Contact forms in K2 items

More
14 years 9 months ago #76489 by Will
Contact forms in K2 items was created by Will
Hi, everyone!

How can i insert a contact form in all my K2 items?

Tks a lot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 9 months ago #76490 by Neil Douek
Replied by Neil Douek on topic Contact forms in K2 items
Yes I'd like to know too - Thanks.

More
14 years 9 months ago #76491 by Emily Pearce
Replied by Emily Pearce on topic Contact forms in K2 items
Just wondering if you managed to achieve a contact form in all k2 items. I would really like to include a contact form in all items that will send an email to the items author.

Any ideas/suggestions would be welcomed

• Slingshot Content Management Systems
  • Slingshot Content Management Systems's Avatar
More
14 years 9 months ago #76492 by Slingshot Content Management Systems
Replied by Slingshot Content Management Systems on topic Contact forms in K2 items
Likewise - need functionality that comes out the box with SOBI / Mossets / others.

It should be a simple integration with the default Contact Item functionality / another form system like ChronoEngine or similar.

I would be prepared to pay for a plugin that enables this.

There is an example of such a plugin here: k2community.joomlaworks.gr/forum/topics/example-k2-plugin-for?commentId=3536014%3AComment%3A35101&xg_source=msg_com_forum

Can anyone customise this to enable a contact owner form please?

More
14 years 9 months ago #76493 by Zahir Mirza
Replied by Zahir Mirza on topic Contact forms in K2 items
This would indeed be interesting, however, what fields would you want the contact form on each content item have? (Name, Email, Message?)

More
14 years 9 months ago #76494 by Slingshot Content Management Systems
Replied by Slingshot Content Management Systems on topic Contact forms in K2 items
Hi Zahir

With K2's architecture, I was hoping that one could choose any of the extra fields, as defined by the administrator.

However, at the most basic level the following would suffice;

Name, Tel, Email, Message

At a more specific level, it would also need to have these fields;

Date of arrival, Date of departure, Room type (single, double, twin, family), special needs

Perhaps we can connect directly if you are able to assist with this job.

Thank you.

More
14 years 9 months ago #76495 by Zahir Mirza
Replied by Zahir Mirza on topic Contact forms in K2 items
Hi Sean,

I see where you're going with this, such a plug-in would be undoubtedly very handy!

Sean Grant said:Hi Zahir
With K2's architecture, I was hoping that one could choose any of the extra fields, as defined by the administrator.

However, at the most basic level the following would suffice;

Name, Tel, Email, Message

At a more specific level, it would also need to have these fields;

Date of arrival, Date of departure, Room type (single, double, twin, family), special needs

Perhaps we can connect directly if you are able to assist with this job.

Thank you.

More
14 years 9 months ago #76496 by Red Evolution
Replied by Red Evolution on topic Contact forms in K2 items
You could create a form using Phil Taylors JoomlaForms then insert it into your K2 article using the {form 1} functionality. We use this technique a lot to insert forms into pages.

d

More
14 years 9 months ago #76497 by Slingshot Content Management Systems
Hi Dave

How would you include that form dynamically, so that it posts the relevant extra fields from K2 (Author, Email) into the form, so that the email is sent to the Author (listing owner)?

I think what we are talking about here is a need for a K2 plugin, that displays a new "Contact Fields" tab in K2 (Admin end), as well as in the Add a Listing box (front end).

I pressume that the same functionality could be used for any form extension.

Thanks, Sean

More
14 years 8 months ago #76498 by blahblah
Replied by blahblah on topic Contact forms in K2 items
Hi Sean,

I am implementing Dave's solution using Phil Taylor's JoomlaForms on a development site with some success after figuring out how to add the item title in the Subject Line from the email sent. Here are the missing hint(s) that worked for me:

Create a new form which will be inserted into the K2 article using the {form 1} functionality and add form fields as required. Then create another form field using the "embeddedpagetitle" already built into JoomlaForms and give the field a unique name (mine is "pagetitle") - write down the unique name. Finish your form and move to setting up the form actions.

Create your form actions (thank you, save to database, etc) and then create one using the "mail" action type. In the Email Subject Line be sure to add the unique field name you created earlier in-between hash marks and in all caps ( #PAGETITLE# ). Mine looks like this " Inquiry - #PAGETITLE# ". Now when an email form is submitted, the Subject line of the email will be the title of the page where the email was sent from.

PS – I have no connection to Phil Taylor other than purchasing and using his well thought out components.