Keyword

Discussbot for K2 and Kunena? Is there one like this?

• Ryan Thomas
  • Ryan Thomas's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #76632 by Ryan Thomas
Hello, I was wondering if there was a discussbot for K2 and Kunena. That way, whenever I create a news article using K2, the article automatically creates a topic at the Kunena forums under the specific forum category. That way, users can easily use the forums as a commenting system plus it makes the comments and forums look much more active.

Is there anything like this?

I know there is already a discussbot for the regular content component of joomla which you can view here:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/kunena-forum-extensions/9292

I've attached the file for the discussbot as well...can anyone modify it to work with K2? If so, that would be awesome!

Maybe someone could modify it so that it works with K2 by displaying only the intro and full text into the forum posts?

Thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Christian Carlos Chaparro Ponce
  • Christian Carlos Chaparro Ponce's Avatar
More
14 years 8 months ago #76633 by Christian Carlos Chaparro Ponce
Replied by Christian Carlos Chaparro Ponce on topic Discussbot for K2 and Kunena? Is there one like this?
Hi
I'm interested in a similar plugin, I think that many are busy with christmas so this maybe took a little of time.
By the way this plugin is a good one. did you test it???

• Ryan Thomas
More
14 years 8 months ago #76634 by Ryan Thomas
You mean test it with K2? No, I never thought of that...I just don't think it would work...

• Ryan Thomas
More
14 years 8 months ago #76635 by Ryan Thomas
I just tried it and it does not work with K2 unfortunately. :(

• Christian Carlos Chaparro Ponce
  • Christian Carlos Chaparro Ponce's Avatar
More
14 years 8 months ago #76636 by Christian Carlos Chaparro Ponce
Replied by Christian Carlos Chaparro Ponce on topic Discussbot for K2 and Kunena? Is there one like this?
My fault
What I try to say was that if this plugin work well, in this case someone can change to work with K2
A deficient plugin create two problems: one, make it work and two, adapt to K2

More
13 years 10 months ago #76637 by B_Dark
i want to!!!

More
13 years 10 months ago #76638 by David Erickson
Replied by David Erickson on topic Discussbot for K2 and Kunena? Is there one like this?
I am using Kunena 1.6 on joomla 1.5.20. I Am also using K2 2.4.1 and the built-in articles in joomla for site content. I currently have jcomments installed for comments. I want to know if there is a way to use kunena as the commenting systems for the K2 and built-in article system in joomla. So when someone makes a comment on an article it actually creates a discussion post in Kunena.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
David