Keyword

To be a true success, K2 needs to link to community builder profiles and the Kunena forum discussbot!

• Ryan Thomas
  • Ryan Thomas's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 9 months ago #76679 by Ryan Thomas
I think that K2 is a very, very successful component and an amazing one at that.

What it needs is the ability to link authors and commenters to their community builder profiles.

On top of this, K2 needs to work with the Kunena discussbot, which allows users to create a discussion on the Kunena forum. This would replace the standard commenting system of K2 if users want to do that. I know I do, because it is so much better to have commenting integrated directly into the forums! (see the discussbot that I am talking about here: extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension-specific/kunena-forum-extensions/9292

What do you think?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #76680 by Randy Arrowood
Agreed. Anything that I have published as an author on the site should also be linked to my CB profile.

More
14 years 7 months ago #76681 by Tvrtko
Hello Ryan and visitors of this topic

I planned to start a similar topic but in order to avoid two similar ones I'll post a comment here.

I am also interested in possibility of an discussbot for K2 articles. Is there something in plan concerning this or is Joomlaworks planning to create it's own forum script?

At the moment I am using Jcomments on K2 and JoomGallery pages as an comments system. Also, I created a navigation link called "Forum" where all K2 articles from different categories are listed in the same pages in order to imitate typical forum view.

T.

P.S. A big shout out goes to Joomlaworks for their amazing work!

More
13 years 10 months ago #76682 by David Erickson
I hope this is the right discussion, but I am looking for a plugin that when a K2 article is created there is a Kunena discussion started that users can comment to. this would be directly related to the K2 article on the fly. The Kunena discussion could be created at the first comment of the K2 article.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

More
13 years 10 months ago #76683 by Nicolas59
Agreed. It's a serious problem to have two users system. A compatibility or even an import system will really be helpfull.

More
13 years 1 week ago #76684 by dilemtl
Bump !

What's the compatibility situation between K2 and Kunena Discuss Plugin, to have only 1 users system, 1 comments/forums system.