Keyword

Transfer content from Typo3 to Joomla/K2

• Oceanwatcher
  • Oceanwatcher's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 9 months ago #76884 by Oceanwatcher
Transfer content from Typo3 to Joomla/K2 was created by Oceanwatcher
I am in the process of moving a website from Typo3 to Joomla.

Has anyone done this before? How did you transfer the content? Any export plugins for Typo3?

Any advice you can give will be great. The functionality is not done yet, but as soon as that and the design is finished, we need to move the content over.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 week ago #76885 by Tanya Samuelsen
Replied by Tanya Samuelsen on topic Transfer content from Typo3 to Joomla/K2
Hi Svein! What a coincidence...I am doing the exact same thing right now, transferring a sitev from Typo 3 to Joomla! and need to find out how to do the mapping etc... I see you didn't get any tips from anyone but did you figure it out on your own? Can you share some pointers?

Sven Ole skal begynne på våres menighet hørte jeg fra hans bror som jeg traff på Kråkstad nylig. Det går bra her, jeg jobber hele tiden på web ting nå med Joomla! Det var du som tipset meg om CMSen for noen år siden men jeg er en Newbie.Per jobber for seg selv og det går som det suser! Han har hatt mye for TV Norge, Nato, TV 2 og VG blant annet.

Take care! Klem fra Tanya

• Oceanwatcher
  • Oceanwatcher's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 1 week ago #76886 by Oceanwatcher
Replied by Oceanwatcher on topic Transfer content from Typo3 to Joomla/K2
:-) Hyggelig å treffe kjente her!!

There are really two options. Either get someone to do a custom database converter for you. Someone with some deep MySQL knowledge could do that. And it will save you a good bit of work.

Or you can do what I ended up doing - use the RSS feed and import it into Joomla. This have the potential of not getting the intro of each story - the one I did seemed to miss the intro of the story in the RSS feed. But depending on the number of articles, this might be ok to fix later. And you might loose the categories depending on what component you use to import things. The good thing is that it will keep the date on the articles and that was for us really important.

It is a bit vague, I know, but I think the whole Typo3 is a bit of a mess and I am really happy I don't have to do that again!

More
13 years 7 months ago #76887 by Leon Groenveld
Replied by Leon Groenveld on topic Transfer content from Typo3 to Joomla/K2
Did you manage to migrate content. I also want to know!

More
11 years 6 months ago #76888 by cale summer
Replied by cale summer on topic Re: Transfer content from Typo3 to Joomla/K2
Hello!
I recently discobered one tool that performs migration from TYPO3 to Joomla K2 automatedly. it's said the procedure takes a few minutes or hours according to your data quantity. It's possible to try demo migration. So, I think It's worth a try!

www.cms2cms.com/supported-cms/typo3-to-joomla-k2-migration