Keyword

404 error when trying to load items

• T. Scott Morgan
  • T. Scott Morgan's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #76961 by T. Scott Morgan
404 error when trying to load items was created by T. Scott Morgan
I'm having trouble getting any K2 content to show up on my website. I've got the component properly installed, I've got categories created and published, and I've got several items created and published in each category. But when I add a menu item to my main menu and try to use one of the K2 menu item types I just get a "404 - Article not found!" error.

I don't understand what to do or check in order to try to fix it. I familiar with Joomla! but I'm not particularly web savvy. And the installation guide here wasn't too helpful.

Any thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mauricio González
More
14 years 8 months ago #76962 by Mauricio González
Replied by Mauricio González on topic 404 error when trying to load items
Same problem here. Havent found a solution yet...

More
14 years 1 month ago #76963 by Yorgo
Replied by Yorgo on topic 404 error when trying to load items
Hi, I have a simmilar problem and I'm not sure if it is not me causing it.
I have created two categories, 2 extra filed groups. Each category is associated with extra field group. Have 2 items in the first and 8 in the second category. I activate the k2 tools as cloud as I used a lot of tags- also have about 15 tags specified in the tag tab. When I opened the first item i added everything was ok. But when I added the other items all of them were leading to the first one. If I unpublish the first one all of the items are showing 404. I have check all settings, moved the items in the different categories etc. even items from the same category link to this first item. FYI i'm not new to joomla at all but have no ideq what might be causing the problem. I went through all modules, plug-ins and tried most of the k2 settings

More
14 years 1 month ago #76964 by Yorgo
Replied by Yorgo on topic 404 error when trying to load items
I have just tried it again. Removed the component, istalled it again. create two plain categories and two plain items - one for each category. Enabled the k2 tools as archive. When I go to the front end I have no problem opening the first item BUT The second one is linking to the first one. The same happens for the categories - when I try to open the second category it opens list of items for category "one" even that the URL is with right category id and name

index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&task=category&id=2:companies

is still opens the content for

index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&task=category&id=1:packages

the same goes for items
index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=2:two

Anyone please help me out - what am I doing wrong?