Keyword

Add workflow features in K2

• Oceanwatcher
  • Oceanwatcher's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 8 months ago #77012 by Oceanwatcher
Add workflow features in K2 was created by Oceanwatcher
We need a way to control the workflow when you have many article authors and a few editors working on the same site.

On sites like online news sites, magazines etc. you often have an editor that needs to approve an article before it is published. Or it could be that there are people that write in a language that they are not 100% fluent in and need someone to revise their text before publishing it

We need to be able to set up a structure where an article is passed to the next link in the chain and we need to be able to pass it back for clarification/revision. As I have said in a different thread, we need to have revision control in K2 as well.

We also need to be able to set up the different user roles and what they are allowed to do. I have a feeling we will be a lot closer to this in Joomla 1.6, but it would be nice to get a dialogue here on what is needed in terms of workflow in Joomla in general and in K2.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #77013 by Alan Murray
Replied by Alan Murray on topic Add workflow features in K2
I've only just started using K2 for a demonstration site, and I've run into this issue. I must admit that

I presumed that was the intention of allowing some people to publish, while denying that privilige

to others.

I had presumed that the editors/publishers would receive notice when an author who did not have publication

rights submitted an article, and they would then be able to login at the front end to edit/publish the article.

Am I missing something basic here?

Just in terms of managing a site I don't like having to let people have access (no matter how limited) to the

back-end just to publish articles.

If I'm not missing something obvious, why has this discussion apparently been stalled for over a year?

More
13 years 7 months ago #77014 by BBC
Replied by BBC on topic Add workflow features in K2
Soon....in Joomla 1.6.

More
13 years 7 months ago #77015 by Alan Murray
Replied by Alan Murray on topic Add workflow features in K2
Alright, I've spent the last few days playing around with 1.6 and can't wait for this

to happen. It all looks very promising.

BBC said:

Soon....in Joomla 1.6.