Keyword

Png Support

• Kevin Robb
  • Kevin Robb's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #77026 by Kevin Robb
Png Support was created by Kevin Robb
Support for png files please, the posts I have found on this issue seems to point to graphics being converted to jpeg, it would look so much better without the border around the graphics.
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #77027 by scott cameron
Replied by scott cameron on topic Png Support
agree my transparent png are not transparent when applied to K2..this is critical that this be fix in the next release

scott

More
14 years 1 month ago #77028 by Eric Tripp
Replied by Eric Tripp on topic Png Support
I finally found the source of this border and background around the images.

This is actually the default setting in the K2.css file!!!

If you look through the different sections you will see it in the code associated with img property lines.

For example, in the "Component: Item view" section the lines below control the images in the areas for IntroText & FullText

div.itemIntroText img {padding:2px;margin:4px;background:#fff;border:1px solid #ccc;}
or
div.itemFullText img {padding:2px;margin:4px;background:#fff;border:1px solid #ccc;}

Go through the K2.css file and delete "background:#fff;border:1px solid #ccc;" from each instance that you find this associated with an "img" line, in each section, to stop K2 from rendering images this way.

I love K2, but it seems like a strange default to force every image to have a border and background when it is so easy to add a border in the editor, if that's what you really want, and if you want a background then just save it with one.

At least it is easy to resolve, just another 20 min spent in the land of CSS.

• Kevin Robb
  • Kevin Robb's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #77029 by Kevin Robb
Replied by Kevin Robb on topic Png Support
6 months since I posted this lol, anyway I found the best way to resolve these kind of issues is to use Wamp2,Firebug,Firefox and Notepad++ I find the code using Firebug then once I have pin pointed the code I need to change I then use Notepad++ .

I even have a transparent version of K2 to march the template I used to build a gaming site, the best 4 tools I have come across to help me as I am not a coder but I can work things out pretty quick using the above 4 tools.

The K2joom blog is a good resource for resolving some issues also.
PS This is just a hobby to me Im not a pro.

More
14 years 1 month ago #77030 by scott cameron
Replied by scott cameron on topic Png Support
Hi Eric and kevin,

...well I dove in and followed you advice....backed up the original k2.css, then searched entire k2.css and edited the parameters of each img tag that had to do with image control...

and so far so good no hick-ups yet hopefully none

Thank you both for the help

Scott