Keyword

Linking "Tweet this" link to the article author

• Oceanwatcher
  • Oceanwatcher's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 8 months ago #77212 by Oceanwatcher
I really like the "Tweet this" function in K2 and have moved it up to the top of the article.

But there is one thing that does not seem quite right in it. You have to enter a Twitter account in the configuration to make it work, and this Twitter name is used in every Tweet. Here is how it SHOULD work:

Every author add their Twitter account in the userinfo in K2. The "Tweet this" function then uses the Twitter account of the article writer in the Tweet. This way the Tweets are connected to the correct person, and they get a little credit for what they have written.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #77213 by Cristina da Silva
Replied by Cristina da Silva on topic Linking "Tweet this" link to the article author
Where is tweet option in K2? It tried to find it to no avail.

• Oceanwatcher
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 7 months ago #77214 by Oceanwatcher
Replied by Oceanwatcher on topic Linking "Tweet this" link to the article author
It depends if you have it enebled. But when you look at your full article, there should be a link at the bottom of the article saying "If you like this, tweet it...etc."

You can turn this on or off in the settings for the category under the item options.

More
14 years 7 months ago #77215 by Cristina da Silva
Replied by Cristina da Silva on topic Linking "Tweet this" link to the article author
Thanks Sevein. I did look under the category under the items options. And there it was 'tweet this link'

But it was already enabled. However, there isn't a twitter icon showing on any of the blogs or articles (although the icons for facebook, DiGG etc are there, not twitter)

What is going on...?

• Oceanwatcher
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 7 months ago #77216 by Oceanwatcher
Replied by Oceanwatcher on topic Linking "Tweet this" link to the article author
Do you have a link to your page?

What version of K2 are you using? Also - did you add any sub-templates? Or change anything in any of the php files?

More
14 years 7 months ago #77217 by Cristina da Silva
I didn't change anything. But my someone who is trying to help me might have. I am not a developer.

I'm using a Joomla template.

I don't know what you mean by having a link to my page. The "tweet this" link has been enabled in the Add/Edit Categories, under the parameter heading "item view options."

I have the K2v2.1. I think that is the most recent.

Is there any hope for me?..:-) Thanks for your response

Svein Wisnaes said:Do you have a link to your page?What version of K2 are you using? Also - did you add any sub-templates? Or change anything in any of the php files?

• Oceanwatcher
  • Elite Member
More
14 years 7 months ago #77218 by Oceanwatcher
Of course there is hope :-) There is always hope!

If you catch this message pretty soon, I have some time available, I'll send you a private message with contact details.

Regards,

Svein

Cristina da Silva said:I didn't change anything. But my someone who is trying to help me might have. I am not a developer.
I'm using a Joomla template.

I don't know what you mean by having a link to my page. The "tweet this" link has been enabled in the Add/Edit Categories, under the parameter heading "item view options."

I have the K2v2.1. I think that is the most recent.

Is there any hope for me?..:-) Thanks for your response

Svein Wisnaes said:Do you have a link to your page?What version of K2 are you using? Also - did you add any sub-templates? Or change anything in any of the php files?

More
14 years 7 months ago #77219 by Cristina da Silva
Hey Svein,

I solved my Twitter K2 problem! My web developer had assigned admin status, so I didn't have the parameters icon showing on the K2 control panel. Try as I might I wasn't going to find it :-) (very frustrating).

He changed my status to super admin, so now I can update my website's profile.

Thank you for your help...you are a star.

More
14 years 7 months ago #77220 by Elisa F.
I had the same problem, but i solved it by type in the Twitter Username in K2>Users>Options ...

More
13 years 10 months ago #77221 by John Willis
Replied by John Willis on topic Linking "Tweet this" link to the article author
I wonder if it might be good to have a Tweet This option that allows a visitor to a web page to Tweet the page, using their Twitter name. So, they would click on it, and it would go to their Twitter account. They log in and it gets Tweeted. Any thoughts, or comments?