Keyword

Disable modules to single articles

• Ron Mat
  • Ron Mat's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #77371 by Ron Mat
Disable modules to single articles was created by Ron Mat
Hi there,

I have one question to make concerning the way articles behave under categories.
Let's take for instance this scheme:

1. Create Category 1, sub-category1
2. Create a menu for this categories through the joomla menu.(Menu Category 1 and Submenu for sub-category1
3. Create a banner module, and assign it to Menu Category 1 and/or sub-category1

Now, from now on, all the articles published under Category 1 or sub-category1 will have that module as well on them. If I disable that module for Category 1 or sub-category1, than also the articles will have it disabled.

Question: How do I make ONLY ARTICLES to not have the module assinged to their category?

This is something I want to achieve as soon as possible, because I want to use single banners for each article (I can do it creating them in extra fields), but since there are no extra fields in categories, I cannot do it.

Any idea?

Thankey!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #77372 by troponin
Replied by troponin on topic Disable modules to single articles
Imo the first way is to put an extra module position in the item view of your Template. munyah wrote a way to do this by adding the module anywhere code to it. here

The other way: Install the Plugin loadPosition by joomlabamboo. Me, I didn't used it but I think it should work.

greetz
Tropo

• Ron Mat
  • Ron Mat's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #77373 by Ron Mat
Replied by Ron Mat on topic Disable modules to single articles
Hi there, thanks for the reply.

The problem is that I cannot do this, because it would add the same module to all... if you read my request, this is just what I don't want to do...

Troponin said:Imo the first way is to put an extra module position in the item view of your Template. munyah wrote a way to do this by adding the module anywhere code to it. here
The other way: Install the Plugin loadPosition by joomlabamboo. Me, I didn't used it but I think it should work.

greetz
Tropo

• Mauricio González
More
13 years 6 months ago #77374 by Mauricio González
Replied by Mauricio González on topic Disable modules to single articles
Did you achieve this? I have the same problem.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
13 years 6 months ago #77375 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Disable modules to single articles
You could try the Advanced Module Manager. I think it does what you require.