Keyword

HTML stripped from introtext

• Flavia Silveira
  • Flavia Silveira's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #77467 by Flavia Silveira
HTML stripped from introtext was created by Flavia Silveira
I have the K2 Content Cleanup Settings set to NO for both intro text and fulltext but thetags are still being stripped from introtext only. I checked the parameters for the category and subcategory as well. All are set to NO. Full text on article page view is fine.

Interestingly enough the issue showed up after upgrading from RC to the new stable version.

Any tips on how to fix this?

I also checked JCE and the settings are disabled for html cleanup as well. I even disabled JCE completely just to make sure it was not the culprit. I checked the core parameters and set the access permissions properly.

I am not sure what else to look for to fix this problem. Any tip, help, advice, pointer is very appreciated,

Thanks,

Flavia

Flavia
Geek. Author. Role Player.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #77468 by Chris Rault
Replied by Chris Rault on topic HTML stripped from introtext
Hey Flavia,
Can you post an example of the specific tags that are being stripped? IE, what the code should be and whats actually being outputted. :)
Cheers,
Chris

• Flavia Silveira
More
14 years 7 months ago #77469 by Flavia Silveira
Replied by Flavia Silveira on topic HTML stripped from introtext
Hi Chris,

All tags are being stripped like, , , etc... The text looks fine when you click on the title link and view article in full but the homepage content has no formatting whatsoever.
example at: flahdesign.com/FDJ1510/

Thank you for checking on it.

Flavia

Chris Rault said:

Hey Flavia, Can you post an example of the specific tags that are being stripped? IE, what the code should be and whats actually being outputted. :)
Cheers,
Chris

Flavia

More
14 years 7 months ago #77470 by Chris Rault
I see what you mean now :) Its essentially stripping out the other paragraphs and links in the intro text. I'm going to try see if i can recreate the issue on my local k2 setup :) Back in a bit..

More
14 years 7 months ago #77471 by Chris Rault
Ok, i took the same code that you had on your article view and added it as one of my articles intro text and its displaying no problem (ie, maintains the paragraphs and links). Did you upgrade from the previous version of K2?

I also did a search on the k2 files and compared the various instances of introTextCleanup and was not able to find any difference.

Last but not least, have you tried clearing your Joomla cache?

More
14 years 7 months ago #77472 by Chris Rault
"I have the K2 Content Cleanup Settings set to NO for both intro text and fulltext but the
tags are still being stripped from introtext only. I checked the parameters for the category and subcategory as well. All are set to NO. Full text on article page view is fine."

By the way, where are disabling the introtext cleanup? I just echoed out the introTextCleanup and it switches from 0 to 1 when i enable from the K2 params, so the variable is definitely working.

More
14 years 7 months ago #77473 by Chris Rault
Here are some screenies:

Intro text enabled (notice the "1" above the published in):
emberapp.com/connectr/images/introtext-cleanup-enabled

Intro text disabled:
emberapp.com/connectr/images/introtext-cleanup-disabled

• Flavia Silveira
More
14 years 7 months ago #77474 by Flavia Silveira
I have cleaned the cache and still nothing. The checked the parameters for the category (blog) , the parameters for the item itself and cleanup code is disabled on both.
I should be back around 3 to put the backup online and see what I can do with it...maybe revert to RC.

Flavia

Chris Rault said:"I have the K2 Content Cleanup Settings set to NO for both intro text and fulltext but the tags are still being stripped from introtext only. I checked the parameters for the category and subcategory as well. All are set to NO. Full text on article page view is fine."

By the way, where are disabling the introtext cleanup? I just echoed out the introTextCleanup and it switches from 0 to 1 when i enable from the K2 params, so the variable is definitely working.

Flavia

• Flavia Silveira
More
14 years 7 months ago #77475 by Flavia Silveira
Interestingly the tags got stripped from my post here too...

Flavia

Flavia Silveira said:Hi Chris,
All tags are being stripped like, , , etc... The text looks fine when you click on the title link and view article in full but the homepage content has no formatting whatsoever. example at: flahdesign.com/FDJ1510/

Thank you for checking on it.

Flavia

Chris Rault said:

Hey Flavia, Can you post an example of the specific tags that are being stripped? IE, what the code should be and whats actually being outputted. :) Cheers,
Chris

Flavia

More
14 years 7 months ago #77476 by Chris Rault
I'm not sure about setting it on the specific categories or items, but i just set mine in the top right parameters from the dashboard..