Keyword

HTML stripped from introtext

More
14 years 7 months ago #77477 by Chris Rault
Replied by Chris Rault on topic HTML stripped from introtext
This site is powered by Ning, so its prob just the setting on the comments that doesnt allow code to inserted ;)

Flavia Silveira said:Interestingly the tags got stripped from my post here too...
Flavia

Flavia Silveira said:Hi Chris, All tags are being stripped like, , , etc... The text looks fine when you click on the title link and v... flahdesign.com/FDJ1510/
Thank you for checking on it.

Flavia

Chris Rault said:

Hey Flavia, Can you post an example of the specific tags that are being stripped? IE, what the code should be and whats actually being outputted. :) Cheers, Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Flavia Silveira
  • Flavia Silveira's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #77478 by Flavia Silveira
Replied by Flavia Silveira on topic HTML stripped from introtext
That is what I did. I am going to try and set another category to the homepage and see if the same thing happens.

Flavia

Chris Rault said:I'm not sure about setting it on the specific categories or items, but i just set mine in the top right parameters from the dashboard..

Flavia
Geek. Author. Role Player.

• Flavia Silveira
More
14 years 7 months ago #77479 by Flavia Silveira
I know....I meant that I might have the Monte Zuma Tag Stripping curse or something...
*sigh*

Flavia

Chris Rault said:This site is powered by Ning, so its prob just the setting on the comments that doesnt allow code to inserted ;)
Flavia Silveira said:Interestingly the tags got stripped from my post here too... Flavia

Flavia Silveira said:Hi Chris, All tags are being stripped like, , , etc... The text looks fine when you click on the title link and v... flahdesign.com/FDJ1510/ Thank you for checking on it.

Flavia

Chris Rault said:

Hey Flavia, Can you post an example of the specific tags that are being stripped? IE, what the code should be and whats actually being outputted. :) Cheers, Chris

Flavia

More
14 years 7 months ago #77480 by Chris Rault
"I know....I meant that I might have the Monte Zuma Tag Stripping curse or something..."
- LOL! Seems like the html strippers are following you around :P

I'm not sure what else to suggest, as everything is working fine my local dev site (fresh install).

Maybe someone from the K2 team can step in and offer some advice on where else to check?

• Flavia Silveira
More
14 years 7 months ago #77481 by Flavia Silveira
It would be nice to hear from them as I have confirmed that the tags are fine on the RC install I have but not with the Stable version so it sort of proves it is related to updates done to the latest version.
I might just downgrade and see how I go from there....

Thanks,

Flavia

Chris Rault said:- LOL! Seems like the html strippers are following you around :P

I'm not sure what else to suggest, as everything is working fine my local dev site (fresh install).

Maybe someone from the K2 team can step in and offer some advice on where else to check?

Flavia

More
14 years 7 months ago #77482 by Chris Rault
Glad to hear you managed to get it working again. It is strange though, as i'm working from the latest version and mine seems to be working fine.

Good luck! I hope you are able to figure out the cause of the problem ;)

Cheers,
Chris

• Flavia Silveira
More
14 years 7 months ago #77483 by Flavia Silveira
I haven't......the backup I had was an outdated version of the site.....I have to rebuild from scratch....
I am attempting a fresh installation. Hopefully things will work out this way....it's my last attempt....if nothing works this way I can either go back to 2.1RC or dump K2 until a solution to this conflict (which I believe is a conflict with something else I have installed) is found.

Cheers and than you for the fresh eyes :)

Flavia

Chris Rault said:Glad to hear you managed to get it working again. It is strange though, as i'm working from the latest version and mine seems to be working fine.
Good luck! I hope you are able to figure out the cause of the problem ;)

Cheers,
Chris

Flavia

• Third Sun Productions
More
14 years 7 months ago #77484 by Third Sun Productions
Replied by Third Sun Productions on topic HTML stripped from introtext
I was having the same issue - tag strip was set to "No" but tags were still stripped. Removing numbers from the introtext limit solved the problem. Thanks!

Piotr said:Hey. Make sure not to forget to remove any numbers in the Introtext word limit (Category > Item view options in category listings).

That's a K2 feature to prevent html breaking (K2 would cut the code before closing tags)

More
14 years 1 month ago #77485 by yaskyy
Replied by yaskyy on topic HTML stripped from introtext
I have the same problem with html tag strip.
The solution is exact: remove any number for introtext limit under "Item view options in category listings"
(settings for category)
coz u need check first of all:
"Content Cleanup Settings " in global k2 settings:
"Fulltext HTML cleanup (tag strip)" -> NO
thats all :) work perfect