Keyword

[SOLVED] Item Image lightbox not working

• Christopher Jackson
  • Christopher Jackson's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #77538 by Christopher Jackson
[SOLVED] Item Image lightbox not working was created by Christopher Jackson
Hello,

for some reason, when the image in the item view is clicked on, it doesn't open up in the lightbox, as it should.

I'm using v2.2.

Here's a link to an item with an image:

zenscaping.net/store/road-bikes/item/1-trek-madone-69

Does anyone have any ideas why the lightbox script isn't working?

Thanks much for any help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #77539 by d.k.shukla
Replied by d.k.shukla on topic Item Image lightbox not working
Hi
You will require to install lightbox plugin separetely or your template should have built in lightbox feature. I don't think k2 is having this feature.
Had you installed any plugin for the same.

• Christopher Jackson
More
14 years 8 months ago #77540 by Christopher Jackson
Replied by Christopher Jackson on topic Item Image lightbox not working

K2 comes with this functionality. The item images are supposed to open up in a lightbox at full size.

This feature was working on a site I built using v2.1.

But in v2.2, it's not working. Not sure if it's a bug or if something else is wrong with the way I've set up k2.

cheers,
forest

d.k.shukla said:Hi You will require to install lightbox plugin separetely or your template should have built in lightbox feature. I don't think k2 is having this feature.
Had you installed any plugin for the same.

More
14 years 8 months ago #77541 by Gobezu Sewu
Replied by Gobezu Sewu on topic Item Image lightbox not working
hmmm, i just had a look at your site and all the js and css files req. to make the lightbox fly are there (namely mootools related files) and the tag was also correctly set

so your best shot is that this is a js conflict somehow (although i couldn't see that you should have any such, considering the common source of such errors), but i would still recommend you to turn off your source of js (ga and foxycart) and see how it works...

• Christopher Jackson
More
14 years 8 months ago #77542 by Christopher Jackson
Replied by Christopher Jackson on topic Item Image lightbox not working
Bingo! That was it. Thanks a ton Gobezu.

I was experimenting with Foxy cart and hadn't yet taken out its javascript in the index.php file for my template.

Lightbox is working now.

Thanks again!

More
10 years 8 months ago #77543 by deni
Replied by deni on topic Re: Item Image lightbox not working
Hello to everyone!

I'm new to K2 and I have big problem with opening image in item view in lightbox.

I don't know if I may post this reply here, but I'll lose my mind becaus of this problem! I set website in Joomla 2.5.17 and K2 2.6.7 and everything works fine, except opening of item image in lightbox in item view (I want that item image is opened in lightbox when someone clicks on item image in item view). Image is now opened on a blank new page. I'm trying to solve this for couple of days and I just can't.. -.-

I tried editing item.php like someone said on several links and it didn't fix it, I don't understand php and jQuery so that could be the problem.. :)

Please, could someone help me with this? I can PM link and login information for Joomla if someone could please look at it and help me resolving this problem??? I need to release website for my client and I can't do it without fixing this..

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #77544 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: Item Image lightbox not working
Hello deni,

You are probably facing some javascript conflicts. Check that your page doesn't load multiple times the jQuery library. If it does locate the extensions that they originate and Disable them. Your page should only have one copy available and that should be the first one that loads.

More
10 years 8 months ago #77545 by deni

Yiota Ziaggou wrote: Hello deni,

You are probably facing some javascript conflicts. Check that your page doesn't load multiple times the jQuery library. If it does locate the extensions that they originate and Disable them. Your page should only have one copy available and that should be the first one that loads.

Thank You Yiota Ziaggou for quick response!!!

Sorry but I don't know how to do all that (neither to check that nither locate and disable it, only if I locate and desable that from modul or plugin manager???), could You please tell me or give me some link to tutorial or something? I would appreciate if You could learn me how to do that so I would know how to resolve that problem if it comes again in future!

Thx again!!!

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 8 months ago #77546 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Re: Item Image lightbox not working
Could you provide a link to your page in order to check it out?

Thank you.

More
10 years 8 months ago #77547 by deni

Yiota Ziaggou wrote: Could you provide a link to your page in order to check it out?

Thank you.

Yap, shure, the link is: www.tinusgm.com/ , site is in Croatian so You probably won't understand, but to get to the problem You click on: "Proizvodi" (which means "Products") and then You choose whatever group You want and open whatever article You want and in that "Article view" if You click on the image of product it opens it in a new blank window, I want lightbox.. :)

Thank You for Your help!!!