Keyword

Question about image re-sizing in category view and then in item view

More
14 years 7 months ago #77630 by kc
I have my images set to a medium size when displaying the image for the article in category view, but is it possible when the user clicks on that article and it goes in to item view the image is converted to a "larger" size?thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #77631 by kc
anyone know if this is possible using K2?

More
14 years 7 months ago #77632 by kc

More
14 years 3 months ago #77633 by Paul Munday
Hi there, I had the same dilemma.

What you need to do is go to the ITEM VIEW OPTIONS on the right side of the Item and change the IMAGE SIZE to Large to X Large.

The Category View Item can remain the same, at a Small or Medium size.

Hope this helps.

Paul.

More
14 years 3 months ago #77634 by Santana Moll
Also be aware that you can set size in pixels in the K2 parameters settings, it's the upper right tab on the K2 control panel. These settings will apply to all views unless you overwrite them in the category views settings.

Gr Santana

More
14 years 2 months ago #77635 by Ron Farber
I too, have been searching for DAYS to no avail for this. I totally understand all image options. Let me make that clear.

I have a Joomla Menu ITEM(K2 CATEGORY) and I show the intro text for several articles and want a small or medium sized image in this listing. I choose that in the parameters of the MENU ITEM (you can get here by editing this MENU ITEM). There I can specify LEADING ITEMS, etc... I can also choose an image size there for leading items.

In the category item view, there is a show/hide option for image - but there is no size pull down.

I want medium or small images in this listing, and I want pagination so this is the correct link option for me.

But the images in the resulting output for the category are all SYSTEM GLOBAL DEFAULT LARGE (set in global parameters at 600px). It does not use LARGE specified at this category level (500px), and it does not use the MEDIUM (300px) I am choosing in the MENU ITEM for leading items.

All of these things work perfectly when defining the image sizes in the MENU ITEM for a "LATEST ITEMS" type menu item, but they do not work at all when listing all items in a category using the CATEGORY type of menu item. I want the listing to show a medium image with intro text, then in the actual item view when someone clicks "read more" I want it what is set for default in that category item view (LARGE) which would be 500 px but it is using the GLOBAL parameter of 600.

Can anyone help? It looks like they designed K2 to work exactly as I am specifying as it works great with the "latest items" LINK OPTION, but it doesnt work when I want all category items with pagination. (CATEGORY OPTION).

I even tried tweaking the template (created a subtemplate) and it turns out both the CATEGORY listing and the item view when you arent using a "latest items" type MENU ITEM use the SAME (ITEM VIEW) template!

Sadly, there is pagination on latest items MENU ITEM TYPE (no clue why not!Seems like someone missed something) because that MENU ITEM TYPE works fine and I would use it if I could list the last 100 items WITH PAGINATION, like 10 items per page....