Keyword

Pagination - Need clarification

• Flavia Silveira
  • Flavia Silveira's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #77707 by Flavia Silveira
Pagination - Need clarification was created by Flavia Silveira
I have 25 items on a category called Blog.I have set the category list to contain 5 items per page. That means that I would have 5 pages with 5 items each.Instead I have 5 pages with 5 items each and on each page I have a More items with 4 items listed on 2 of them and 1 listed on the last which adds up to 24 items.My question is...why is it that the pagination does not count all the items? Shouldn't the items on the More items section become the top listed items on the second page then the 4 More items from the second page would be the top listed items of the third page and so on?Flavia

Flavia
Geek. Author. Role Player.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #77708 by Jonny Pixel
Replied by Jonny Pixel on topic Pagination - Need clarification
Hi,

If you worked this out please help! :-(

You know its funny but i have been searching these forums for exactly the same answer that you are seeking. It doesn't seem to make sense.

I am setting up k2 on a custom J15 template i made for a client. Its working good but my client and i are baffled as to why when you click next page that the article items that were in the Bottom Item List links are not appearing at the top of the page as intro articles first.

It makes sense to have the Item List links from the first page to now go up into the page as intro articles and then after how ever many articles were set to display form the category you would have the rest of them displayed in the Item list links div on the bottom of that page.

Cheers
John.

• Flavia Silveira
  • Flavia Silveira's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #77709 by Flavia Silveira
Replied by Flavia Silveira on topic Pagination - Need clarification
Hi John,

I still haven't received an answer. It seems that the More links are counted as items on that page therefore the into is skipped. The only way I see to fix this is to set More to 0 items and increase the number of secondary items shown on the page.

Flavia

Jonny Pixel said:Hi,
If you worked this out please help! :-(

You know its funny but i have been searching these forums for exactly the same answer that you are seeking. It doesn't seem to make sense.

I am setting up k2 on a custom J15 template i made for a client. Its working good but my client and i are baffled as to why when you click next page that the article items that were in the Bottom Item List links are not appearing at the top of the page as intro articles first.

It makes sense to have the Item List links from the first page to now go up into the page as intro articles and then after how ever many articles were set to display form the category you would have the rest of them displayed in the Item list links div on the bottom of that page.

Cheers
John.

Flavia
Geek. Author. Role Player.