Keyword

Search K2 Problem

More
14 years 6 months ago #77833 by Hilary Cheyne
Replied by Hilary Cheyne on topic Search K2 Problem
Roland Francis said:This worked for me, after several other tries (allthoug in my case, search only works well with standard search and not with RokAjax search) Thanks a lot for posting this solution.

Glad it worked! Thank you also to Philip. I could never see why a visitor would know what 'search k2 item' meant! So his tip on removing the un-needed advanced search option boxes was really useful for me.

Kudos to k2joom who is continuing to test this on his k2 demo site.

Hils

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #77834 by Ivo Apostolov
Replied by Ivo Apostolov on topic Search K2 Problem
Just downgrade the search plugin with the one used in version 2.1

More
14 years 6 months ago #77835 by Hilary Cheyne
Replied by Hilary Cheyne on topic Search K2 Problem
That's what we've been doing Ivo! Plus removing redundant (sections, categories & articles) advanced search boxes.

code.google.com/p/joomlaworks/source/browse/trunk/K2/plugins/search/k2/k2.php?spec=svn67&r=55

Ivo Apostolov said:Just downgrade the search plugin with the one used in version 2.1

• Walter Oscar Flores
More
14 years 5 months ago #77836 by Walter Oscar Flores
Replied by Walter Oscar Flores on topic Search K2 Problem
ok, y esto como se usa?
Hay varias opciones en este hilo y quisiera saber cual es la que recomiendan los Joomla Works, ya que un novato como yo puede hacer algo que despues no pueda reparar, o volver alpunto de partida recargando el archivo original.
Entiendo que hay un error en el código, algunos hablan de una comparacion invalida y de una etiqueta mal utilizada, otros directamente borran una porcion del código y otros reemplazan el archivo por el de la versión 2.1... cual es la mejor manera de solucionarlo?, alguien sabe de la existencia de algun parche para solucionarlo?...
A mi me pasa lo mismo, busco y no encuentra nada de los contenidos en k2 y en frace exacta si...
Gracias a todos y disculpen el español, ahora mas abajo lo traduzcon en google...

• Walter Oscar Flores
More
14 years 5 months ago #77837 by Walter Oscar Flores
ok, and that as used?
There are several options in this thread and would like to know what is recommended by the Joomla Works, as a newbie like me can do something that later can not repair or re-starting alpunto reloading the original file.
I understand that there is an error in the code, some speak of an invalid comparison and label misused, others directly delete a portion of the code and replace the file with the version 2.1 ... what is the best way to solve it?, someone knows of the existence of a patch to fix it? ...
I really feel the same, looking and found nothing of the contents in k2 and Exact Match if ...
Thank you and sorry for the Spanish, far below what traduzcon in google ...

More
14 years 5 months ago #77838 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Search K2 Problem
In my opinion, use just the standard Joomla Search.
If your just etsting, then use the K2 V2.3svn (test) or wait for V2.3 full release. No scheduled release, even we dont know when.

Simon
K2Joom.com

Walter Oscar Flores said:ok, and that as used? There are several options in this thread and would like to know what is recommended by the Joomla Works, as a newbie like me can do something that later can not repair or re-starting alpunto reloading the original file.
I understand that there is an error in the code, some speak of an invalid comparison and label misused, others directly delete a portion of the code and replace the file with the version 2.1 ... what is the best way to solve it?, someone knows of the existence of a patch to fix it? ...
I really feel the same, looking and found nothing of the contents in k2 and Exact Match if ...
Thank you and sorry for the Spanish, far below what traduzcon in google ...

More
14 years 5 months ago #77839 by Arturo Guzman
Replied by Arturo Guzman on topic Search K2 Problem
Yo baje el archivo de la version anterior y reemplace los archivos, funciono bastante bien para mi. Con la nueva version intentaron optimizarlo pero les fallo.

Si eres un novato, haz un respaldo de los archivos que vas a reemplazar y lee las instrucciones tres veces. Anota exactamente cuales son los cambios que estas haciendo para que si algo falla puedas regresar a como lo tenias. Suerte!

Translation => I used the previous version of the files, and that worked great for me. If you are a newb, just be extra careful.

Walter Oscar Flores said:ok, y esto como se usa? Hay varias opciones en este hilo y quisiera saber cual es la que recomiendan los Joomla Works, ya que un novato como yo puede hacer algo que despues no pueda reparar, o volver alpunto de partida recargando el archivo original.
Entiendo que hay un error en el código, algunos hablan de una comparacion invalida y de una etiqueta mal utilizada, otros directamente borran una porcion del código y otros reemplazan el archivo por el de la versión 2.1... cual es la mejor manera de solucionarlo?, alguien sabe de la existencia de algun parche para solucionarlo?...
A mi me pasa lo mismo, busco y no encuentra nada de los contenidos en k2 y en frace exacta si...
Gracias a todos y disculpen el español, ahora mas abajo lo traduzcon en google...

• Walter Oscar Flores
More
14 years 5 months ago #77840 by Walter Oscar Flores
Ok,
Bien, dime que archivos debo reemplazar y donde estan respectivamente.
Es que no quiero cambiar cualquier cosa... Voy a probar, Gracias...

• Walter Oscar Flores
More
14 years 4 months ago #77841 by Walter Oscar Flores
Correcto!, reemplaze los archivos k2.php y k2.xml del plugin de k2 2.2 por los de k2 2.1 y funciona perfecto. Muchas gracias. Nos seguiremos viendo ya qye adopte k2 para mi sitio de noticias y vamos a tener que trabajar muy duro, el y yo.

• Walter Oscar Flores
More
14 years 4 months ago #77842 by Walter Oscar Flores
Right!, Replace files and k2.xml k2.php k2 plugin 2.2 2.1 and k2 those works perfect. Thank you very much. We continue to see since the Mexican take k2 to my news site and we will have to work very hard, and me.